Need a violin sonata recommendation (1 Viewer)

evilelmo_2005

HSC
I need to do ensemble and i want to do violin sonata, with not too difficult part for piano are there any out there?:chainsaw:

kyokaku92

HSC
I shall salute you if play Beethoven Violin Sonata No 5 Spring

Some good ones I'd recommend:
Brahms Violin Sonata no 3
Debussy Violin Sonata in G minor
Enescu Violin Sonata No 3
Schumann Violin Sonata No 1

How come you're not playing chamber music?

evilelmo_2005

HSC
I play the piano btw, not violin, anyway my buddy and I've decided to play Mozart violin sonata k304 mmm the 2nd movement is very nice while the 1st movement is also nice and exciting

evilelmo_2005

HSC
Wow! Brahms violin sonata sounds difficult for the piano part (not sure with the violin part), And also sound pretty nice:), Beethoven violin sonata 'spring' also sound nice but I have DECIDED! Wooohooo it's going to be Mozart :bomb:

kyokaku92

HSC
I play piano too and I'm playing Piano Quintet No 2 Dumka (edited 7 min version) 2nd movt Op 81- Dvorak

What pieces are you playing for Music Ext? :sun:

evilelmo_2005

HSC
I shall salute you if play Beethoven Violin Sonata No 5 Spring

Some good ones I'd recommend:
Brahms Violin Sonata no 3
Debussy Violin Sonata in G minor
Enescu Violin Sonata No 3
Schumann Violin Sonata No 1

How come you're not playing chamber music?

Lol as a piano player, this might sound disgraceful but I've always wondered what CHAMBER MUSIC mean…

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol as a piano player, this might sound disgraceful but I've always wondered what CHAMBER MUSIC mean…
I'm not sure if this is the actual definition, but it is usually within a small group - i.e. a few instruments

evilelmo_2005

HSC
but i would of done trio or quartet but my class doesn't have variety of instrument player coz most of us are pianist and there's only 1 violin......

evilelmo_2005

HSC
and isn't violin sonata good enough? since the piano and violin both have a part for themselves unlike pieces with piano as accompaniment

kyokaku92

HSC
You have a point there! I wanted to play a violin sonata too (Beethoven's spring) but my teacher believes to get a band E4 mark, impress examiners with your ensemble skills and satisfy requirements, you should play chamber music. But then again he has contacts at the Sydney Symphony and has already arranged rehearsal times :) Oh and btw you still haven't said what solo pieces you're playing....

Last edited:

evilelmo_2005

HSC
You have a point there! I wanted to play a violin sonata too (Beethoven's spring) but my teacher believes to get a band E4 mark, impress examiners with your ensemble skills and satisfy requirements, you should play chamber music. But then again he has contacts at the Sydney Symphony and has already arranged rehearsal times :) Oh and btw you still haven't said what solo pieces you're playing....
awww u lucky, ur teacher got connection

robertmartin

Banned
HSC
N/A
Salut D'Amore played by Sarah Chang. Beautiful and I listen to it all the time! Really relaxing and I actually study to it, too! You can get it for free on amazon.com MP3 downloads, too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)