need advice pls - does anyone think I can get a 98+ atar? (1 Viewer)

ayooooohelpme

HSC
English adv (ranking around 20ish/52)
English ext 1 (ranking 5/9)
Maths ext 1 (ranking 7ish/17)
Maths ext 2 (ranking 1/7)
Biology (ranking 13ish/38)
Chemistry (ranking 1/16)

I messed up my 3U maths and bio exams last term, which pulled my rank down by a lot, and I don't know if I'll be able to pull myself back now that I got bad results. What really worries me that I won't be able to get a good rank and it would affect my final HSC mark considering my school isn't selective, and my cohort does relatively bad

I am aiming to get into med, and have been preparing for UCAT and ISAT (since I'm an international student), but I don't want to get my hopes up if I don't have chances of getting a good atar.

Any advice pls?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In order to increase the accuracy of estimates, it would be a good idea to provide the number of band 6's/E4's achieved by your school cohort. Given your ranks, however, it can be inferred that your performance is favourable in Mathematics Extension 2 and Chemistry, meaning that your performance in those two subjects is likely consistent with your ATAR goal. Because of this, it is important that you maintain your excellent ranks, allowing you to maximise your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.

On the other hand, your ranks in subjects such as English Advanced and Biology may be indicative of performance that can/may need to be improved if you wish to receive a 98+ ATAR (here, I am considering the notion that your cohort performs relatively bad as you mentioned). Improvement in those subjects is therefore crucial in terms of putting you in a favourable position with respect to your internal position as you approach your HSC exams, consequently increasing your chances of reaching your ATAR aim.

With that being said, please keep in mind that you do not necessarily need to achieve a 98+ ATAR if you wish to study medicine. Some institutions may offer Doctor of Medicine programs at slightly lower ATAR requirements, making your HSC journey less demanding and therefore less stressful. Consider WSU's Doctor of Medicine for instance, the ATAR requirements of which are as follows:
  • An ATAR of 95.50 is required for applicants that meet neither the Greater Western Sydney residence requirements nor the Rural Entry Admission requirements.
  • An ATAR of 93.50 is required for applicants that meet the Greater Western Sydney residence requirements.
  • An ATAR of 91.50 is required for applicants that meet the Rural Entry Admission requirements.
Further information regarding WSU's Doctor of Medicine can be accessed using the following link:

I hope this helps! 😄

ayooooohelpme

HSC
I hope this helps! 😄

Yes, YES THIS HELPS A LOT! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCHHH!

I just wanted to make sure that I maintain a relatively high ATAR just to be safe, you know? And considering my school's ranking and my cohort's performance, if I aim for 98+, only then I'll be able to get somewhere around 97.

But again, thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)