Need Advice (1 Viewer)

Kpopaddicr

HSC
Hey guys, ive seen many people buy extra books to study, are they really useful?
and if they are then which ones r the best for Buisness studies, biology, physics, esl, hospitality and mathematics?

Thanx Alot

Untroubled

HSC
I have only purchased books that have past papers with worked solutions starting from 2001 to current (2001-2015), simply because they give suggested answers that are more detailed than the answers provided by board of studies.
For biology, I bought the large green textbook with worked solutions for 2001 to 2014/15 papers (i'm sorry I can't see any precise name on the textbook.) It's a very popular resource found in many libraries that have a HSC section. Just look for a big green bio book :D
For business studies, I got myself the pink 'HSC success one' book and it provides good answers, but some argue that it's not the best.

Personally, I loved the biology book with worked solutions, it's in my opinion a must have.

chairs

HSC
for biology- get the macquarie study guide & the excel one. they both helped me alot. especially for biology, most of the time its just regurgitating examples which these guides have.

crowley926

HSC
I can't really help you with anything but business haha

If your school doesn't provide you with a business textbook (but I'm sure they will) then definitely get one - I'd recommend Business Studies in Action (and probably best to get a more recent - if not the most recent - edition so you get updated case studies). It's a really good book - they go through the content really well with lots of examples and case studies.

If you do get one from school just check that out I mean the content won't be much different so I'm sure it'll be fine too

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
For content heavy subjects, definitely a good idea to expose yourself to a lot of resources and different textbooks to refine your notes.

Otherwise, just one or two textbooks per subject for wider reading is a good idea

Flop21

HSC
No they are not.

Math, get a good textbook, cambridge 2u year 12 + year 11.

Save your money to buy state ranking notes so you don't have to write your own.

JavaScript

HSC
No they are not.

Math, get a good textbook, cambridge 2u year 12 + year 11.

Save your money to buy state ranking notes so you don't have to write your own.
Maffs in fokus is best

Occupied

HSC
N/A
yes
its good to make notes based on textbooks + whatever ur teacher tells u in class. u dont need to go all batshit and buy a crapload but they do exist for a reason

besides, u can sell them after u finish ur hsc so :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)