Need help choosing WoW character (1 Viewer)

HSC
you want to make a troll priest?

lol@noob...

I thought even level 50 noobs knew that it was a weak combination... lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
6) Viable in PvP? My prot pally and resto shammy were quite bad.
i completely owned everyone, i had full blues enchanted and i was taking on ppl with full epics and winning, 90 percent of druids i took on i beat.

I laughed.

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
Hiya, I only played a priest until level 45, so I can give you answers to my experience up until that point. I was pure holy spec and also relatively new to the game. I also had a 64 tauren arms warrior, if you want any information on that.

1) Hard to kill? No, in my experience. To be honest my only real defense was bubbling and healing. I have heard however that Disc/Holy priests are very difficult to kill, pain in the ass.

2) Highly needed/sought out in groups? Very much so, I found myself adding alot of people to buddy, and constantly being asked to heal. To be honest though I think that during lower levelled dungeons/instances a druid could also do this job. You really need to enjoy healing to enjoy being a holy priest, either that or you need to really enjoy group wipes.

3) Capable solo questing? Yes but it was very slow, I mana burned alot after having allocated no points to disc.

4) Easy to find appropriate gear for throughout the game, particularly instance boss drops? Yes relatively, they'd always have something +spell + healing or +spell crit, if not tailoring is always an option as cloth is a regular drop, and it's quite an easy profession to up.

5) Do trolls make good priests? I'm not sure about this one, sorry.

6) Viable in PvP? I believe that disc or shadow specced priests would be better for this, however during my low level PVP's, it was more successful to be doing BG's like Arathi Basin as opposed to WSG, easier to offer heals to people without being one-on-oned completely as well as give buffs and dispel from a distance.

7) Most importantly, fun to play? For me it was entertaining, the only thing that disappointed me was questing, but if you have friends to play with commonly, then you're going to level as quickly as everyone else.

Last edited:

JonnoisBored

HSC
AsyLum said:
i completely owned everyone, i had full blues enchanted and i was taking on ppl with full epics and winning, 90 percent of druids i took on i beat.

I laughed.
did i say i wasnt selective?, nah but seriously i would have won like 70-80 percent of fights/duals i went into.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
game not balanced around 1v1...most of that is just class. With my warlock i could beat just about anybody in a duel because you get to know who you are fighting and get out the right pet.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Thanks a lot for the help those who responded with answers. I'll try it out and see how it goes. I am aware that Troll priest is not as efficient as an UD priest, and that for leveling my shaman and paladin, enhancement and retribution are better specs respectively.

However, I do not play for items or to have the most powerful character I can. I play for fun, and in choosing a race I choose purely aesthetically. I found that i garnered quite a bit of respect tanking as a protection paladin and healing as a resto shaman because obviously they are better than their leveling counterparts for the role I was taking in instances. However, I will not go holy as as I have heard from the responses here it is very slow.

Thanks again all. Also, I tried druid but it just didn't appeal to me.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
JonnoisBored said:
did i say i wasnt selective?, nah but seriously i would have won like 70-80 percent of fights/duals i went into.
I still laugh at your pathetic blues.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
I play for fun, and in choosing a race I choose purely aesthetically.
I agree 100% with this attitude. You're going to spend a bunch of hours looking at the ass of your character, so make sure you pick one you enjoy. That's pretty much the reason I rolled a female belf, love that 15yr old ass with the hips of a 50yr old.

TacoTerrorist said:
I found that i garnered quite a bit of respect tanking as a protection paladin and healing as a resto shaman because obviously they are better than their leveling counterparts for the role I was taking in instances.
I disagree with going a spec just to get groups. You can go from 0-70 without running a single instance very easily. You should be playing the game you want to play, don't play it for other people. Also, going these specs is probably what made you get sick of those characters. I for one, don't have fun taking 5 minutes to kill one enemy and then having to drink after every pull. After I got my priest to 70, I respeced holy and tried to do a quest. It was too hard and far from fun, so I immediately respecced back then rerolled a hunter.

I definitely agree with you going shadow though. A priest was my first character, I was really shit at playing it, and yet I healed heaps of instances as shadow without a hitch. My only advice would be to make sure you stack spirit, as it helps you heaps while grinding and helps your mana when you heal in the same gear.

JonnoisBored

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Also, I tried druid but it just didn't appeal to me.
give it until level 25 atleast thats when it starts getting fun with most classes, and druid is really the most fun class in wow.

JonnoisBored

HSC
AsyLum said:
I still laugh at your pathetic blues.
i raided on my warlock before burning crusade, i finished bwl and AQ40 with my guild and by the time i leveled up my druid i was cbf, but i really think either most druids on my server were really shit or i was just really good. raiding is for fags with no life and i realise that now. :D

jordankuai22

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Hi. I'm getting back into WoW after a 7 month hiatus, and my IRL friends and I are starting on a new server. My other characters were a lvl 55 Troll shaman and a level 43 Human paladin (switched to a PvP server and went pally before hitting 60, didn't get bored of shammy though). I like the tanking classes, the hybrid classes and the healing classes, and can't stand mages, warlocks and especially hunters.

I was looking at going Troll priest on a PvP server, just want to know if anyone could please shed some light on the classes capabilities?

Is the class:

1) Hard to kill?
2) Highly needed/sought out in groups?
3) Capable solo questing?
4) Easy to find appropriate gear for throughout the game, particularly instance boss drops?
5) Do trolls make good priests?
7) Most importantly, fun to play?

Thanks a lot; hopefully someone with a good understanding of the priest class can help me out.

Thank you.
HAHA!

only fags with no lives play wow

wow players = fail

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
JonnoisBored said:
i raided on my warlock before burning crusade, i finished bwl and AQ40 with my guild and by the time i leveled up my druid i was cbf, but i really think either most druids on my server were really shit or i was just really good. raiding is for fags with no life and i realise that now. :D
lolwl and rofl40.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)