Need help, don't know what to do! (1 Viewer)

xbonk12

HSC
So my atar is 80.5 and the course I got offered was Bach of Arts/Science at Usyd (83 cutoff I think) and my first preference was Bach of Science/Business at UTS which was 85 I think. In addition to my 10 bonus points and 5 extra points from subjects for my uts course, I didn't get in. Right now I'm thinking how am I going to get in and what should I do with my usyd offer. I was thinking I should wait late round to get in but that's risky and I might get no offers at all. So what do you guys think?

seilk5

HSC
N/A
how do you not get in if your atar is higher than the cut off?

Hatake88

HSC
So my atar is 80.5 and the course I got offered was Bach of Arts/Science at Usyd (83 cutoff I think) and my first preference was Bach of Science/Business at UTS which was 85 I think. In addition to my 10 bonus points and 5 extra points from subjects for my uts course, I didn't get in. Right now I'm thinking how am I going to get in and what should I do with my usyd offer. I was thinking I should wait late round to get in but that's risky and I might get no offers at all. So what do you guys think?
You should accept it. If you don't, and you miss out again in the other rounds, you are going to end up with zero.

xbonk12

HSC
how do you not get in if your atar is higher than the cut off?
The course for Bach Sciecne/Business is still vacant and my atar is only higher than the cut off due to EAS and bonus points in general

xbonk12

HSC
Im going to accept my offer, but is there still a chance I can get into Bach of Science/Business in the late round even though it's still vacant and I didn't get in?

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I think you should accept for now and hope for best in later rounds

seilk5

HSC
N/A
Wait, does UTS offer 10 maximum bonus points (inclusive of subject bonus points and something like the EAS?)

I read this and it said UTS gives 5 - http://www.smh.com.au/national/tertiary-education/what-students-want-to-know-20131218-2zkkl.html

If that's the case, maybe that's why you didn't get an offer? Not sure. I'm kinda in the same boat.
He said the ATAR cut off for his course was 85. He got 80.5 ATAR

80.5+5=85.5 which is still above the cut off.

UAC site says anyone above cut off means you get offer, yet he didn't. I'm in the same situation and it's pretty retarded.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Dafuq, really?

I know one friend who got 71 ATAR in 2012 and applied for that UTS B.Sc/B.Bus course and still made it in. He had no subject bonus points, only EAS.

wtf?

Astea

HSC
He said the ATAR cut off for his course was 85. He got 80.5 ATAR

80.5+5=85.5 which is still above the cut off.

UAC site says anyone above cut off means you get offer, yet he didn't. I'm in the same situation and it's pretty retarded.
Wow not sure how I managed to read that wrong oops. I don't get the whole process involving vacancies but maybe the people who were primarily offered had atars quite a bit higher than the cutoff... hence people near the cutoff weren't accepted? I dunno, just a guess... someone educate me

madharris

HSC
N/A
As others have said, accept it just incase you don't get another offer.
Just remember that in order to be eligible for the following rounds, you need to change your offers around (e.g. delete the preference that you got in and press say)

Wow not sure how I managed to read that wrong oops. I don't get the whole process involving vacancies but maybe the people who were primarily offered had atars quite a bit higher than the cutoff... hence people near the cutoff weren't accepted? I dunno, just a guess... someone educate me
The cutoff is based on the people being accepted
Since the cutoff is due to supply and demand of the course, the cut off will be the same as the person with the lowest atar who got accepted (including bonus points)

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Try contacting the uni as well, my friend is getting into contact with Macq after he made Comm/Law there but didn't get an offer for it.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
This is hard to believe, UTS is one of the most generous unis that gives out massive points next to UWS.

I would just call them about the matter and as I've seen, there's still vacancies for that course including other single and combined Business degrees at UTS. Wouldn't hurt on trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)