Need help for history essay :( (1 Viewer)

Khourym

HSC
The question states:
To what extent can the actions of Nicholas II and his wife be held responsible for the causes of the February Revolution in Russia?

It would be much appreciated of someone could help :)

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
Its a pretty straightforward question. Here are two key ideas that should support ur argument

-Nicholas II's incompetent reign and his autocratic rule which stiffled all dissent; he was an absolute monarch (use of the Okhrana to ruthlessly crack down on all opposition, and his refusal to enact democratic reform, banning trade unions and all political parties, this earned the enmity of the middle class, who formed opposition parties; cadets, Mensheviks)
-Nicholas II's decision to bring Russia into WWI (horrendous loss of life, 6 million Russians dead by 1917, his incompetent handling of the war effort as C&C and the severe impact of the war on the Russian economy. And while he was away Alexandra ruled in his stead, she was very unpopular due to her German descent and also because real power rested with Rasputin, whom the ppl hated too)

I might have missed something, I've pretty much forgotten most of yr11 Modern History but hope these ideas help in some way. Oh and this webpage helped me alot

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/russia_and_world_war_one.htm

PS- And just out of interest why do u have a smiley emoticon and a frowning one in the title of ur thread? It just seems contradictory :p Are u sad that ur finding the question difficult because its a course or topic u enjoy and normally makes u happy? Or is it because ur happy at the prospect that some good willed person will come to ur rescue by helping u out with an essay question that would otherwise make u sad?

Last edited:

Khourym

HSC
ohh yeahh i know i didnt realise the smiley face until i sent it :/ but yes i do need help, but i also do love history

Khourym

HSC
thankyouu btw you have helped me

much appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)