Need help im in year 11!! thanks` (1 Viewer)

ST2010

HSC
I want to ask if it is still possible to add english extension now? Im in advance eng atm.

Also in Extension is the assessment based on hand in essays etc or are there any in class exams?

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
you should go to the head of the english faculty to ask, but it's unlikely seeing as over 4 weeks has passed since the start of school. you'll need to have a valid point for wanting to join a class, and be prepared to cover all the work you've missed out on.

you should have a look at the assessment outlines. usually over the course of the year there must be 1 oral task, 1 hand in task and 1 in class assessment.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I agree with rebekkie.

It would really depend on you school policy. However, if it was my school you would still be allowed to drop/pick up a new subject.

You will probably need a decent reason though. If you can persuade the English coordinator with your superior English speaking skills, I don't see why not. :p

ST2010

HSC
I agree with rebekkie.

It would really depend on you school policy. However, if it was my school you would still be allowed to drop/pick up a new subject.

You will probably need a decent reason though. If you can persuade the English coordinator with your superior English speaking skills, I don't see why not. :p
hmm thanks but would you know of a valid reason? I am thinking of picking English Extension because i am thinking of dropping from 3 unit to 2 unit maths.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
not a great reason (particularly if you school has a bit of a maths/english rivalry :p) mention that you're perhaps interested in picking up 4 unit english for year twelve and you recognise that extension english is a pre requisite for that

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hmm thanks but would you know of a valid reason? I am thinking of picking English Extension because i am thinking of dropping from 3 unit to 2 unit maths.
ah no, no, no and NO.

That's NOT a valid reason really. It may be a good reason for you since you may be better at English but no one would like such a response.

I would go along the lines of:
- "I am very passionate about English. By doing English Extension 1, I would like to further my knowledge and interest in the subject that I hold a deep affection towards"
- "I would like to pursue Journalism in future. In my opinion, doing English Extensino 1 would help me to get close to that dream by extending my knowledge in essay writing and analysing texts at a much more advanced level"

EDIT: Or go with what the above has mentioned. :) You may argue that English Extension 2 appears to be your type of subject as it requires highly independent and creative mind for writing which you may possess.

ST2010

HSC
ah no, no, no and NO.

That's NOT a valid reason really. It may be a good reason for you since you may be better at English but no one would like such a response.

I would go along the lines of:
- "I am very passionate about English. By doing English Extension 1, I would like to further my knowledge and interest in the subject that I hold a deep affection towards"
- "I would like to pursue Journalism in future. In my opinion, doing English Extensino 1 would help me to get close to that dream by extending my knowledge in essay writing and analysing texts at a much more advanced level"

EDIT: Or go with what the above has mentioned. :) You may argue that English Extension 2 appears to be your type of subject as it requires highly independent and creative mind for writing which you may possess.

Ok thanks hope it works out good. I am just scared of my deputy principal who is in charge of changing the subjects. Hope he doesnt ask me why i have to change so late/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)