• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need Help - Teacher Problem (Software) (1 Viewer)

Lxtricky

HSC
Hey I do Software Design and Development and im in year 11. My teacher only speaks to one side of the class, dosent know how to control kids, can't explain things properly, dosen't really help or show the class things he just says ok heres your assignment heres this program go make this and hand 2 weeks from now and recently gave the assignment with the coding included in a word document so you only needed to copy and paste it into the program which is bad because he should be showing us how the coding works and such instead I had to paste the code because he didn't explain anything in the program that I have never used. I really don't like him as you can see and he is the only teacher I have had a problem with i'm surprised he is even a teacher hes just a person who barely looks after the kids and gives work out. No other teachers at my school to my knowledge can teach Software design and development but I can't drop the subject since I already have 2 VET courses that I was planning to drop 1 already. I was wondering what you think I should do because I know when the test comes up more then half the stuff I will not understand and im starting to panic.

HSC
Hey I do Software Design and Development and im in year 11. My teacher only speaks to one side of the class, dosent know how to control kids, can't explain things properly, dosen't really help or show the class things he just says ok heres your assignment heres this program go make this and hand 2 weeks from now and recently gave the assignment with the coding included in a word document so you only needed to copy and paste it into the program which is bad because he should be showing us how the coding works and such instead I had to paste the code because he didn't explain anything in the program that I have never used. I really don't like him as you can see and he is the only teacher I have had a problem with i'm surprised he is even a teacher hes just a person who barely looks after the kids and gives work out. No other teachers at my school to my knowledge can teach Software design and development but I can't drop the subject since I already have 2 VET courses that I was planning to drop 1 already. I was wondering what you think I should do because I know when the test comes up more then half the stuff I will not understand and im starting to panic.
Well theory wise get the sam davis book published by the parramatta education centre. it is good. im in year 11 also. teachers dont really know how to code. in terms of theory, im making a 50 page booklet of notes prior to my exam so i get ready. try sumthing along those liens?

DeNiMuLiC

HSC
if you've never touched a computer, its ridiculously hard. Most people in my class, including myself however have used computers since age 8 ish and own the crap out of the subject.

If you've got no interest in how computers work or the way data is interpretted by a machine you'll fall asleep every lesson though.

TheStallion

HSC
DeNiMuLiC is correct.

Lxtricity - you sound a lot like someone in my class, and your description sounds a lot like my SDD class too... do you happen to goto a school in the Blue Mountains?

HSC
N/A
I doubt it, no one does VET courses in our class, but yeah we're in the same boat, cept we only learnt theory for one week and he gave up half way through cus people mucked up.

I feel for you, i'm so glad i am getting out of the stinking shithole that is SDD.

If you've got no interest in how computers work or the way data is interpretted by a machine you'll fall asleep every lesson though.
We've only done that in one lesson this entire year :/

in terms of theory, im making a 50 page booklet of notes prior to my exam so i get ready. try sumthing along those liens?

What the fuck mate, i have 3 pages of notes i'm not reading to an hour before the test, we must have not done so much shit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)