Need help with concepts of music (1 Viewer)

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
You gotsta look inside yourself. Positate the negative! When life throws pies atcha, you make yourself a tall, cool glass of piemonade.

kenster92

HSC
That was a lot of help, thank you so much, I'm so ready for this presentation in a couple of hours.

kyokaku92

HSC
Pitch- key, countour, register etc
Duration- length of each note etc
Texture- layers, thick/thin, high/low etc. etc
Structure- ternary/binary, ABABA etc
Tone Colour- what sound is made from the instruments, how is it played, what can you listen? etc. etc
Dynamics- tempo, sound markings etc. etc

Make sure when you mention specific bar references and talk about instrumentation. :pirate:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
listen listen listen listen listen! The more practice you get, the better you will become at noticing recurring patterns and instruments etc.

always try and explain what you are talking about even if you don't know what the technical term is. For example, say "the male vocalist has a low and raspy voice" if you don't know it's a tenor or whatever.

where applicable, try and show what you are talking about with diagrams. for example, you can use a line drawing to show the basic pattern of a recurring motif, or to demonstrate the way that the sections operate within the structure.

ask your teacher for extra resources. i know that we were given a sheet with a breakdown of each section and what to talk about for each. a musical dictionary may help you to develop your terminology. alternatively, sites like hsc online provide pretty good resources:
HSC Online

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)