Need motivation (1 Viewer)

haydezats

HSC
I'm finding it hard to gain the necessary motivation a 17 yr old needs to start studying and getting stuck into my homework.

How did you gain motivation last year or years past? How do you gain motivation this year?

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Cheers, Hayden;)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Sometimes those are platitudinous. They hardly gain any of my already lack of motivation. Basically, I just let my work follow the school's schedule. Tho it's boring at times, I find it easier to cope with 'cuz I can always find reasons to procrastinate otherwise. Motivation vs demotivation.

Foxodi

HSC
Aim high, threaten yourself with suicide by saying things like "If I fail the HSC I pretty much fail life".
While it seems like im joking, Im actually pretty serious - this is what I did and it worked fairly well :D

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
If I don't get over 93 my life will begin its descent into a spiral of doom and despair. I don't want that! :<

In all seriousness now, at my school there's about 10 of us humanities guys who are always at the top of eng/history. We're all good friends and all but very competitive. I don't think you can be any more motivated than that. :p

Don't forget how great it will feel to get a UAI of 90+

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Undermyskin said:
Sometimes those are platitudinous.
TOTALLY TRUE. the main thing is to just FORCE yourself to do your work. as hard as this is, and as impossible it may seem to discipline yourself, it's definitely the way to go.

seriously, don't do the red bull or v or coffee etc. get some sleep. this is a major problem for concentration levels in class. good luck! ^___^

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
"Just as eating against one's will is injurious to the health, so study without a liking for it spoils the memory, and it retains nothing it takes in" - Leonardo Da Vinci

First love your work, and if you really want something great at the end of your HSC then you will be able to reach it.

If you want it, you will be motivated enough to do whatever it takes to complete it/get it.

Horsenut

HSC
I find music gets me motivated. Ill take a break every now and then when i feel i need to and go crash on the piano. Or if you're doing some brainless task like translating a french paragraph, just grab your ipod n listen while you complete the task. (that worked for me last yr with the VCE, not usually good for thinking tasks tho!)

Good luck!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i jus wrote my course + uai aim in huge letters and stuck it on my wall =) haha kinda works i guess ... xD

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
im pretty un motivated.
because i no longer believe i can get above 90.
sucks to be me!

LiiL

HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
im pretty un motivated.
because i no longer believe i can get above 90.
sucks to be me!
SAME!!! Getting above 90 would be glorious!
It's quite bad considering half yealry exams are really soon and i NEED to do extremely well or i'll give up!
It still hasn't hit me yet that everything counts...i had an assessent due last week and didn't even care! :(
Anyways we have to push ourseleves at this point - we'll be free in less than a year

Horsenut

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
lol i jus wrote my course + uai aim in huge letters and stuck it on my wall =) haha kinda works i guess ... xD
I did that too! It worked its magic lol!

Hysterik

HSC
Well, at my school I'm considered retarded because I do 2U Maths, where like 50% of our year do 4U. I constantly have people come up to me and take me through the text book and tell me not to worry about the next topics, they shouldn't be TOO hard for you. Grrr... :mad:

So my motivation to do well is do prove all those fucktards that I can get a UAI that's higher than theirs. That's the dream, anyway. I find anger is a good way to get going, try to get really angry at something,lol.

Road Runner

HSC
Hysterik said:
Well, at my school I'm considered retarded because I do 2U Maths, where like 50% of our year do 4U. I constantly have people come up to me and take me through the text book and tell me not to worry about the next topics, they shouldn't be TOO hard for you. Grrr... :mad:

So my motivation to do well is do prove all those fucktards that I can get a UAI that's higher than theirs. That's the dream, anyway. I find anger is a good way to get going, try to get really angry at something,lol.
I hear you man. Some people in my school think they're better than everyone else just because they do 4U english, 4U Maths etc. My motivation is to get a higher UAI than these 'no lifers' and show them that an all rounder person can beat them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)