Need motivation (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm starting to slack off after the maths exams...any motivation???

T

Tyga_CityRack

OP hope this shit will be over soon. Just think about your kids, what will you tell them that you got a shit Atar after slacking off. come on man, you can do better than this, just open that dam book and do your study shit.

T

Tyga_CityRack

OP hope this shit HSC will be over soon. Just think about your kids, what will you tell them that you got a shit Atar after slacking off. come on man, you can do better than this, just open that dam book and do your study shit.

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
I'm starting to slack off after the maths exams...any motivation???
It really depends on what your remaining exams are. For most people, the hardest exams were English and Maths which require a decent amount of study. If all you have left is science - like me - then you shouldn't feel too bad about slacking off. For science, you can just print out past HSC papers, do them, and revise any trouble areas.

It's not bad to be relaxed. In your eyes, 'you are slacking off', but in reality, your workload has just lessened, owing to the fact that you've done half your exams.

On the other hand, if you're doing no work, take baby steps. Just sit up and say "I'll just print a 2012 paper". Then once it's done, say to yourself "I'll just have some fun going through the multiple choice questions." Keep going and soon you'll have finished a whole paper. The same can be done for notes. "I'll just do one small dotpoint... hmm, maybe I'll try the next one now... might as well do the whole section... what's stopping me from going through that last module?"

But yeah, haha, these week breaks between exams are killing me. Wouldn't have minded having all my exams on the first week :D

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
It really depends on what your remaining exams are. For most people, the hardest exams were English and Maths which require a decent amount of study. If all you have left is science - like me - then you shouldn't feel too bad about slacking off. For science, you can just print out past HSC papers, do them, and revise any trouble areas.

It's not bad to be relaxed. In your eyes, 'you are slacking off', but in reality, your workload has just lessened, owing to the fact that you've done half your exams.

On the other hand, if you're doing no work, take baby steps. Just sit up and say "I'll just print a 2012 paper". Then once it's done, say to yourself "I'll just have some fun going through the multiple choice questions." Keep going and soon you'll have finished a whole paper. The same can be done for notes. "I'll just do one small dotpoint... hmm, maybe I'll try the next one now... might as well do the whole section... what's stopping me from going through that last module?"

But yeah, haha, these week breaks between exams are killing me. Wouldn't have minded having all my exams on the first week :D
I think we have different ideas of what fun is.

Lina3

HSC
Two exams to go (Music/English Extension) and I'm slacking off big time :/ just so tired of the HSC.

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
I think we have different ideas of what fun is.
For studying, multiple choice is fun. Writing notes is a bit monotonous and so is doing long questions. Multiple doesn't require much thinking and is just a lot less tiring than other forms of studying. Multiple choice isn't fun in the grander scheme of things, but for studying, it sure is.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
For studying, multiple choice is fun. Writing notes is a bit monotonous and so is doing long questions. Multiple doesn't require much thinking and is just a lot less tiring than other forms of studying.
wat?

I assume you don't do Phys/Chem?

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
I do both. Chemistry MC is never that bad. Either you know it or you don't. And calculations are never that bad (do 4U Maths).

As for physics, I never study for it, haha. But I seem to be doing the best in it out of the rest of my subjects from school assessments. Guess it comes naturally for me since I loved science when I was kid.

iBibah

HSC
While you slack off, there will be ones who you were once superior too in that subject.

When you meet come exam day, they will beat you.

(but yeh im slacking off a bit too lol)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I do both. Chemistry MC is never that bad. Either you know it or you don't. And calculations are never that bad (do 4U Maths).

As for physics, I never study for it, haha. But I seem to be doing the best in it out of the rest of my subjects from school assessments.
That's weird then lol. For Chem you actually do have to think for some of the MC, like for eg (from the top of my head) the chromate question or something requires you to think. And physics most of the questions definitely do require you to think

Chubbeh

HSC
If you slack off now, you'll feel nothing but regret and stress after your final exam since you didn't do your best or try your hardest. The feeling of regret will fade away until you get a crap ATAR in December and end up not making it into your course.

DON'T DO THAT TO YOURSELF

iBibah

HSC
Lol chances are OP wont even read half of these let alone suddenly be motivated.

SanjoyM

HSC
getitdone.jpg

As simple as that! Just a few more days to gooo! C'mon :) You CAN do this! Would you rather feel guilty after HSC has concluded regarding not trying your utter best, or pleased with your consistency and determination? Think about it. All the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)