• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need some female perspective on my situation (1 Viewer)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
markzada said:
4unitfreak ... u dont do 4 unit though ?
I think she dropped it after a while, it was getting too hectic. Shoulda done the real 4U (English), like me. Haha no, here's the deal right, - don't do 4U english...

Lol, I stumbled upon this thread while searching for something not so different.

Anyway, thread starter - Have you seen the movie 'Just friends?' Well, I guess, I disagree with that friendzone psychology being permenant, for regular relationships anyway.

So maybe try back later, but don't shun her or be upset, just keep at it, idk what year you're in or how much time you have but maybe she'll be interested later.

Just, at least you asked - straight out, she'll respect that, and you didnt talk about it to a friend who accidentally mentioned it to her later... uh

Important thing though -- at least don't spoil your friendship I guess.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
This thread had some pretty good advice coming from the older posters.

One of the few nuggets of helpful perspectives in this L&R wasteland.

Piyom

HSC
RPG said:
As the title suggests I need a female perspective on the situation I am in.

I really like this girl and she is a close friend. We have a fun time together and have some similar interests. I have already asked her out and she thought about it for a couple of days and she said that she doesnt want to ruin our current friendship. I understand her concern however I really do care for her.

I repect her and do not want to rush things even if do get into a relationship with her. Its just that when I am around her time seems to really fly by and some of the feelings are hard to describe in words.

Now I do want to repect her decision however I do want to be in a realationship with her eventually but I dont know how to go about showing her that I am serious without disrepecting her decision. I know it might take a few months but I am will to put the time in.

Now my question to the ladies of the board is what it is the best way to approach this situation. Do I leave it for a few months and continue our current friendship or should I just respect her decision and not bring it up again?
You know what man? i'm in the same situation like you.
I had this girl who is a great friend of mind, we're co-captains at our school and I like her but she put our friendship in the way.
I tried to please her in my academic performance, swimming, soccer and Basketball, which I'm great at but she still says that we're friend and that our friendship count first.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
schrodinger said:
If it is someone you know and they have said they want to be friends

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO. MOVE ON. YOU WILL WASTE YEARS TRYING TO FIX THIS SITUATION. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO. NO ONE USES THIS PHRASE JOKINGLY.

For an intellectually dishonest reasoning:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_theory
:heart: dean.

If it it someone you know and you think there might be something there

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Make a MOVE on them. Without finding out a definitive answer you won't KNOW what to do. If they reject you, then DEAL with it. MOVE ON. If they don't reject you, keep on keeping on.
A sticky.

MisterrrD

HSC
Your in the friends zone. no doubt, this is how I get out. There are plenty of fish in the sea!! don't jus settle for one.

Don't ask about her feelings toward you. Then you'll jus b like everybody else. NEVER ask make her SHOW you. Well, this early on anyway..

You have to create atmosphere and mood. so I suggest take her out wit her friends. BUT alienate her and ignore her BUT be careful not to be arrogant, it's hard to explain its kinda like playing hard to get?

Pay close attention to her friends.. QUALIFY yourself as "top dog" wit her friends. As the day progresses you can simply ask do you mind if I borrow [ the girl you likes name ] for a second.

Since you have qualified TO HER FRIENDS and YOUR FRIEND they'll say yes. Now she's in your world. I'm not going to tell you what I'd do once you two are together cos its totally personal BUT don't ask her "how you feel about me" cos its practically asking her "I WILL DO EVERYTHING YOU WANT I'M YOUR SLAVE"

Studying at library dangggg 1 week till triallsss etchhhhhh.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Try make her go a bit jealous; don't make her grow TOO jealous though.
Talk to some more girls, but not enough for her to think you're flirting.
Give her the feeling that you only have 1 girl on your mind, and that girl is her.

This way, it'll make her feel that you're not that kind of guy who just dates girls for a few months and dumps them, and shows that you really do like her. But by casual talking to more girls (preferrably ones that has similar/greater standards, in terms of looks, as her), it'll make her feel that you're really not trying to force her into a relationship, because she'd go "Ohh, he has so many girls, yet rarely show any interest). This might trigger her to become slightly jealous for your attention- once you see that little bit of jealousy, it probably means that she's starting to change her mind.

I don't know, I'm a male, but I'm trying to figure out how the female mind operates xD
I mean...My theory sounds logical...right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)