Need to know how to study... (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
What kind of pictures are we talking?

If you prefer typing with notes and have difficulty drawing them on computer, then have paper handy and draw the picture there.

Otherwise, all on paper.

Not sure how to include pictures but I can only think of using a scanner or CamScanner mobile app to retrieve digital image then copy and paste it to your notes document.
After thinking about it, I'll just google the photos and choose what relates best to the notes. I've been frustrated for the past hour or two, I need to rest for today and hopefully I'll start properly without making any notes. It's only week 2 so I guess I'm not lagging behind that much.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Have you tried to talk to course mates/seniors who can share study tips with you?
I've spoken to a person who has done good in this subject before and she said that she had a notebook with her notes written it.

Hi there444

HSC
give up on life and study hard for essays. essays are the little fuckers that will get u

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
Ooo biomedical science. You have to find your own niche! It took me over a year to realise how to make effective notes and it was annoying.

I write lecture notes out as I said earlier. But for anatomy (which is 100% horrid) - I draw diagrams out/just write on my lecture notes and revise it from there.
For microbiology - I make simple tables on the micro-organisms. E.g S.aures, gram positive cocci, catalase positive etc etc. Brief short notes
For histology- I draw basic diagrams out as well (and recognise the different tissue types)

Basically, explore different ways and find one that suits you best. Took me pretty long as well, but once I got the hang of it I started doing really well!

Key thing is always make sure you are organised/notes in one place. That is half the battle won!

Flop21

HSC
Just make notes. You make them from lecture slides + textbook. You guide your notes on the course outline/outcomes, which you'll have to dig for sometimes, and sometimes it's on the lecture slides.

And of course you can do this all from home.

So at the moment I'm using lectures as the general intro to whatever we're learning. I don't take notes because all of it's online anyway.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Ooo biomedical science. You have to find your own niche! It took me over a year to realise how to make effective notes and it was annoying.

I write lecture notes out as I said earlier. But for anatomy (which is 100% horrid) - I draw diagrams out/just write on my lecture notes and revise it from there.
For microbiology - I make simple tables on the micro-organisms. E.g S.aures, gram positive cocci, catalase positive etc etc. Brief short notes
For histology- I draw basic diagrams out as well (and recognise the different tissue types)

Basically, explore different ways and find one that suits you best. Took me pretty long as well, but once I got the hang of it I started doing really well!

Key thing is always make sure you are organised/notes in one place. That is half the battle won!
omg my histology drawings i forgot about those

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
What's the mark range for distinction and HD?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
For science courses (not sure if this applies to every other science course, probably does), but apparently what you do in pracs will be assessed in the final exam. I know for lecture notes you just study them (memorising/understanding) but how about pracs? How do I go about studying those?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
For science courses (not sure if this applies to every other science course, probably does), but apparently what you do in pracs will be assessed in the final exam. I know for lecture notes you just study them (memorising/understanding) but how about pracs? How do I go about studying those?
If you don't have a prac exam, I suggest you just know the general theory that each prac relates to.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
If you don't have a prac exam, I suggest you just know the general theory that each prac relates to.
Well I've got a 'prac exam' where I have to perform a titration and I'll be assessed on it, I think that's a prac exam? Is that what you mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)