Need urgent pip help please (1 Viewer)

yups

HSC
i've finally come up with a topic but i'm confused as to what continuity/changes i can do and what cross-cultural i can do as well..

because i heard i can't do time or generation for cross-cultural.. therefore what cross-culturals and continuity/changes can i do? is there a list or something cos atm im pretty blank :confused:

etoile rouge

HSC
nobody ever replies to my posts so I feel bad if I don't reply to urs. I never heard anything about not being allowed to do time as a cross-cultural. But I kind of thought about this and with continuity/change thats kind of like a cross-culture for time. Whats ur topic?

yups

HSC
nobody ever replies to my posts so I feel bad if I don't reply to urs. I never heard anything about not being allowed to do time as a cross-cultural. But I kind of thought about this and with continuity/change thats kind of like a cross-culture for time. Whats ur topic?
i've since seen my teacher about this question and she helped me out ^^ .. but yeah we aren't allowed to do time as a cross-cultural anymore .

etoile rouge

HSC
oh ok. Our teacher never told us :(
Have you formed ur focus question. I'm having trouble with mine. I think its too broad. I don't even know how to go about the research or exactly what I want to do. Thats making it harder to narrow the focus question.

yups

HSC
oh ok. Our teacher never told us :(
Have you formed ur focus question. I'm having trouble with mine. I think its too broad. I don't even know how to go about the research or exactly what I want to do. Thats making it harder to narrow the focus question.
aww :( .. have you asked your teacher to help you with that? because that's how i came across my focus question.

0hNivlek

HSC
Can't use time anymore? damn. My whole PIP last year was about time LOL

HSC
I'm pretty darn sure your teacher is mistaken. I just read over the new support documents for Society and Culture and have not seen any limitations for what constitutes a cross cultural component. It didn't seem to affect my mark at all last year when I used generation as a cross cultural component (and my subtitle included the phrase "over time"). You need to incorporate an aspect of continuity/change but this doesn't mean you can't use time/generation (I personally think generation tends to make more sense but I could be biassed) as your main cross cultural component.

The support document does include some examples of cross cultural components, but doesn't limit what you can choose:

"Does the topic reflect some knowledge and understanding of viewpoints different from that of the immediate culture of the student in terms of, for example, socioeconomic group, gender, ethnicity or location?"

(Assessment and Reporting in Society and Culture Stage 6, pg 12)

I know you'll probably want to play it safe and that I'm a random internet stranger :p but I'm fairly sure they haven't changed what constitutes a cross cultural component since last year - the board of studies documents don't seem to imply this limitation in the slightest (feel more than free to read over them yourself, in fact I would recommend this so you know what criteria affect the marking scheme of the PIP). Just my two cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)