Neighbours v Home & Away (1 Viewer)

Which one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
which trash is more popular?

settle this long-running argument between my best friend and I. niether one of us watches either of them, but for some reason we always argue about it. and include reasons why.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
Argonaut said:
You forgot "neither" ...
i know i know, i fit into that categor0y too, but i just want to know out of the people that do watch them, which show is more watched. is there a way to find out the ratings? i know Routemarker always pulls out ratings out of his sleeve somehow...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i watch neither
id say home and away
but shows like Lost and the OC r way better ;)

tempco

HSC
oh crap they're separate shows? can't even tell the difference, really.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Neighbours, its more realistic........... and home and away, seriously how many times can u replace one character with about 4 diff actors, how can so much tragedy happen? how come every ending of the season is always some death defying cliff hanger? really!
What as if neighbours isn't the same...they don't replace the characters but they still have the same bullshit cliffhangers (what about the fire last season?). I dunno, I watch both but it changes which one I like better, atm it's neighbours because home and away is just boring, but next week it'll probably be h&a

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
neighbours = bomb bomb bomb

h&a = shit shit shit

gooooo neighbours <33

HSC
h&a is way too unrealistic, even if it is a soapie

shortie_689

HSC
OMG HOME AND AWAY... I watch it everynight if I am going to miss it I tape it I can't miss an episode I absolutly love it I am just so addicted to it

Gustus

HSC
I watch H&A, every night im home. mainly because I have since i was like 3, but i reckon (even though its so unrealistic) the way things are presented is soooo much better than neighbours. N doesn't deal with real issues. I know the ones on hA are really obvious but for pre teens i think its great.

+ (from studying it in english) The camera man on HA is a lot better, they really manipulate things to present sertain things

+ HA isn't holding back in the 80's with it's begging part.

Angel45

HSC
Gustus said:
I watch H&A, every night im home. mainly because I have since i was like 3, but i reckon (even though its so unrealistic) the way things are presented is soooo much better than neighbours. N doesn't deal with real issues. I know the ones on hA are really obvious but for pre teens i think its great.

+ (from studying it in english) The camera man on HA is a lot better, they really manipulate things to present sertain things

+ HA isn't holding back in the 80's with it's begging part.
Likewise, watch it every night I'm home or don't have uni work to do...and as well, kind or like habit coz I always have watched it since I can remember....

I like the mis en scene stuff betta... lighting, costumes etc. Doesn't look as "daggy" as neighbours... I reckon the actors get more publicity too..
And as u say, the issues are kind of realistic even if they do make 'em as subtle as a brick..

Sometimes I think i'm getting to old for it (or it's aiming more at a younger audience) when it's all about the relationships of the younger ones.. haha.. I'm always like how gay - grow up- but I still enjoy it coz it has a good balance essentially.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
well since i didnt get to vote...i'll just say now...and those of you who know me would know which show id vote for...and those of you who dont...

HOME AND AWAY

the best aussie drama in the history of aussie drama :p...best storylines...and was voted best aussie drama at the logies :)

neighbours just copies home and away lines...like a stalker freak (robert v eve/zoe)...plane crash...and many more but my brain aint functioning...and home and away alwayz comes up with the ideas first

and ive been watching home and away for like as long as i can remember...and the guys are much better looking on Home and away...as are the girls :)

so GO HOME AND AWAY...woot

Last edited:

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
As people have said i think a lot of the storylines on h&a are pretty far-fetched and laughable. but then again neighbours seems to be following suit with the whole janae and boyd marriage crap. neighbours cast also seems to be dominated by bogans eg lyn and the whole freaking timmins family. although i guess bec cartwright used to be on h&a so that compensates...

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
they're both crap...useless, total waste...i don't get why people watch it...i mean bold and beautiful is even alrite compared to them.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
neighbours is better. i used to like home and away more, but for the past year or so, its just so shit. they bring in new characters like every damn week. i'll switch over in the ads of big brother and there'll be more new people who i don't know.

neighbours has funny bits. home and away is too serious.

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
home&away by far !!!
h&a is brighter than neighbours.. thats why i like it LOL
its strange n stuff.. but yeah
ive watching for abt 6 years now ! HAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)