Neons - Illegal? (2 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking maybe I should just avoid all these neon/LED modifications... the risk (of getting a defect; or even a fine) doesn't seem to be worth it.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
what neon/LED mods were u gonna get? For your civic rite?

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
7th Sign said:
I know a kid with a commonwhore who had orange neons lol still got defected..

I think in the end it kinds depends on the cop that defects you, you can get a real tight ass of a cop who is crazy with defects, Or you could get the nice cop who goes oh well just remove them this is just a nice warning.
heh, my mate changed two lanes and turned a red light all at once. the thing was, he pulled into an undercover's lane, almost hitting the undercover. the cop followed him while he took another red light and after about 2 minutes he pulled him over. the result? a warning.

i think my mate had to change his interior after that encounter...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I was followed by a squad car (not highway patrol) for 2km or so, I was doing up to 120 in a 60, holding 80 (and hanging sideways) through roundabouts and then as the icing on the cake I squeeled off the line at the lights and had the tail out turning right directly infgront of the squad car.

They turned on their lights, I shat myself. I realised it was double demerits, I shat myself harder.

Got off with a neg driving caution....

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
EATAPIE said:
what neon/LED mods were u gonna get? For your civic rite?
I was just gonna get simple LEDs underneath the car (I heard they are more durable than Neons)... but then if there's all these problems involved with getting them installed and not getting caught; I'm inclined to think the money could probably be better spent elsewhere on legit stuff (eg. ICE, or a nice Satnav system, etc..)

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
btw, whats ICE? to me, it sounds like an acronym for in-car-entertainment, but i dunno. wat is it?

Skeeta

HSC
brogan77 said:
Hardcore4lyfe!
whats even more Hardcore is the fact that i almost cried and i paid the fine promptly the next day :(

cashy22

HSC
Well first of all you use LED Strips, they are more durable and last longer. They are also usually flat and easier to hide with their double sided adhesive tape.

Second of all, You need to make up your mind about this red and while buisness, red is allowed any where on the back, white is allowed anywhere on the front, however the white cannot be too bright.

Thirdly, Blue and red are not legal, moving or not.

I ride a black Hyosung Gt250r with a black wind shield, bar ends foot begs, rims and engine with 2 green LED strips on the underbelly (like the cars in the fast and the furious 1, the all black ones with the green under glow) and i just say its for safty as cars can't see me in all black leathers on a black bike, and then its up to them, if they are in a good mood they will let you off, i have gone through a RBT station with them on and they didn't care. Also angel eyes and such are only legal if they are not red. Green or purple generally look the best.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Major bumpage.

And I ended up fitting LEDs to one of my cars. Not going to post up details but as long as I never turn them on the road or near a road, I should be fine. AFAIK, having them fitted in very subtle places (e.g. intercooler) and only using them at street meets or parking lots should be fine. Technically not legit but I don't imagine having any issues.

On another note, I figured you can get done for using foggies hence used the foggy wiring saving me the trouble of a new switch.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Major bumpage.

And I ended up fitting LEDs to one of my cars. Not going to post up details but as long as I never turn them on the road or near a road, I should be fine. AFAIK, having them fitted in very subtle places (e.g. intercooler) and only using them at street meets or parking lots should be fine. Technically not legit but I don't imagine having any issues.

On another note, I figured you can get done for using foggies hence used the foggy wiring saving me the trouble of a new switch.
You would only get "done" for using your foggies if it isnt foggy and have them on.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Was only stating it, but wiring shouldnt be to hard tbh, i could probably do it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Was only stating it, but wiring shouldnt be to hard tbh, i could probably do it.
True, but I didn't want to go drilling random holes or trying to find a way to wire things in a brand new car (hasn't even had first service). Using the wiring off the foggies made it alot easier and I get to keep my interior nice and fresh.

... on my other car, having people pull apart dash pieces here and there to wire up RSM, audio system, etc... eventually led to an interior which was not as creak-free or as flush as a relatively new car (bought it new back in 06) should have.

cromulence Inc

HSC
Ey bro im not gonna tell u no lies, neons are so fully sick. Weneva i turn em on my car i cant help but throwing my subwoofa on the ground and start shuffling. so dooo eeet!!!

-peace

SMP213

HSC
im a girl who doesnt noe much about cars n stuff, but i do noe that its illegal! although, they are HOT!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)