Nerves (1 Viewer)

TheLad_inBlack

HSC
Hey guys/gals,

This is my first thread on this forum. I am quite nervous about the first day at uni / the first day in my new college at UNSW and was wondering what it was like for others who have been through it.

I am most nervous about that first step into my college surrounded by strangers lol, I know it will get easier and more comfortable but yeah.

Probably a sadish thread but I have been at the same school for 10 years and lived in a rural town, so have not experience any type of situation like this.

Cheers! Merry Christmas

michaeljennings

HSC
Probably a sadish thread but I have been at the same school for 10 years and lived in a rural town, so have not experience any type of situation like this.
Yeah I dont like change either but you gotta embrace it or else youll just feel awkward. You wont be the only one feeling nervous either so dont feel too distressed. Dress up like the lad you are and hold a sign saying "Im from a rural town" and ill come say hey

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Yeah I dont like change either but you gotta embrace it or else youll just feel awkward. You wont be the only one feeling nervous either so dont feel too distressed. Dress up like the lad you are and hold a sign saying "Im from a rural town" and ill come say hey
I will legit say hi to you and buy you a drink if you do this thelad_inblack

TheLad_inBlack

HSC
Actually got both AAA and a rural Coop one for engineering :)

And I know I have to adapt, I guess as everyone does I will just embrace the nerves and overcome it haha. The sign idea is a good one, might give it a go hahah . Well see :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Just remember that no-one is going to call you out if they don't know you.

Chances are the person next to you doesn't know many other people either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)