• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

network internet problem (1 Viewer)

m123

HSC
i got unwired, n two computers. networked em, so they share same net, but then sometimes the net don work at all. but if i take the unwired modem out of the router, n plug it into one of the computers, it works. wats the fricken prob

thnks

m123

HSC
i got a network card in each computer. n got the unwired modem plugged into back of router, n each comp is connected to the router

i dnt kno if thats wat ur asking about

sunny

meh.
HSC
m123 said:
i got a network card in each computer. n got the unwired modem plugged into back of router, n each comp is connected to the router

i dnt kno if thats wat ur asking about
We really need more specific information to help you. What sort of computers (OS?) are you running? What brand/model router have you got? What are you using to connect the computers to the router? What is the modem connected using?

I don't mean to be rude, but it is like taking your car to the mechanic and only saying it has four wheels and doesn't move - its almost impossible for anyone to know what your problem is other than just guessing.

m123

HSC
ok umm. its a dlink broadband router. got the unwired modem plugged into it. one computer has a network card, and other has ethernet card. n both rplugged into te router. so sometiems the net works, but occassionally , ther are really long drop outs, n its not coz of the isp, coz iv never had this prob. n the dlink broadband router is plugged into the comptuter with the ethernet card or port wateva

sunny

meh.
HSC
How is the modem connected to the router? USB? CAT5?

Does the network (ie, your computers accessing each other) work when the Internet connection is not working?

m123

HSC
nah its not a modem problem. the modem is connected by cat5. ther not networked , jst to share the same net. like now its working fine, but then again, could jst not work

m123

HSC
i dont kno what that means, how would i check these things?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
m123 said:
i dont kno what that means, how would i check these things?
if you don't know, it is prolly dhcp

right click on my netowrk places -> properties -> right click LAN -> propertise -> tcp/ip -> properties

tell us what is there.

fatmuscle

HSC
did u highlight 'TCP/IP' and click the buttons property?

or you can simply double click TCP/IP

m123

HSC
thers nothing ther, im looking under my internet connection but.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Check your firewall. I set up a wireless network and it was fucking me around for ages (dropping out a lot) and I finally realised it was because of my firewall.

I disabled it and never had any probs after.

m123

HSC
yeh um, i go to the dlinki page or wateva, that my installation guide told me to go, n thers thing that says about that dchp or wateva. well it seems wen my net cuts off, i go ther, n click dhcp renew, n it works again. how can i make it stop?

m123

HSC
seems thers a fricken "Remaining Lease Time" which seems to go down. perhaps wen it goes to zero, i hav to renew the dhcp? how do i make it not count down then?

thnks

m123

HSC
fark n wats this static n dynamic dhcp stuff. thers nothing under static, but under dynamic thers two comps (host names) n thers a expiry date. wtfffff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)