Presets

From 2pm-10pm main stage
where did you obtain such a list?

i'd go down there to get it.

edit: scratch that.

Last edited:

dougieblow

HSC
it was great except for the dude in the tight leather pants/the shirtless muscular tattotted bra boys. Ajax was awesome too

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahaha fuck there were so many bra boys and white power guys. why the fuck did this event attract bra boys? is it even their type of music?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
stazi said:
hahaha fuck there were so many bra boys and white power guys. why the fuck did this event attract bra boys? is it even their type of music?
yep they are always at these kind of fests now unfortunately, it's funny because they think they are the coolest people ever, then they get on the dancefloor and just sway their bodies violently from side to side and occasionally punch the air.

still, that's wot tha chix go for.

funniest thing we saw was a couple fucking on the dancefloor near the curtains.

yeah anyway,

ladyhawke - average but 'delerium' went down well.

whitest boy alive - really great, loved them, and the cover of 'show me love' was awesome.

hercules & love affair - really really good, thought the lead female was heaps sexy (until i just found out that she is transgender post-op or something....THE FUCKING SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME :( ) really good live band though.

cut copy - really disappointed actually, lights & music was good...and hearts on fire....BUT WHERE THE FUCK WAS 'ZAP ZAP' 'THAT WAS JUST A DREAM' AND 'GOING NOWHERE' those songs > anything they performed....and they didn't even do 'so haunted'

klaxons - amazing as expected, was so pumped, atlantis to interzone was insane and definently the highlight of the day. their new songs sounded good too.

the presets - disappointed really, the other times ive seen them they have been ALOT better, they didn't do 'down down down' or 'i go hard i go home' which i thought were musts in all their sets....the people around me during it were fucking horrible as well...all those shirtless lads and some bimbo gabber slut...i was jumping around...didnt even bump into her and shes like 'WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS MY PERSONAL SPACE' and im like......then she starts doing some weird fucking raver gabber bullshit dance and im like 'lol'

should have had it outdoors as well, hordern was shit for it.

klaxons saved the day

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahaha yeah that was awesome. then 2 guys disappeared behind there too

dougieblow

HSC
lm pretty sure one of the bartenders was on australia's next top model maybe l think

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah you're correct. maya went to school with her.

neeksy45

HSC
nevereverland was awesome.there were actually a lot more people than i expected in brisbane, so many people from my area were there, half of byron shire mustve gone.haha

just caught the end of van she,turned up late, but there were a few people into them and the songs were good.

ladyhawke went off, they were great.

cut copy were pretty good, by that stage there were so many people it was ridiculous.
a scrag fight started during that set, some girls slid in and started pushing into me and my friend and complaining about their personal space and how were were pushing them across. WHAT THE HELL?they were in a mosh at the front, pretty safe to say personal space is none existant. but they kept it up, and were butting us away, throwing cups of water on us and being general bitches, so some girl in the crowd had a go at her and the hair pulling, scratching etc started. it was nuts.haha

oh and then... got sat on by a klaxon when he stage-dived!
yet to find out which one, but hell yeah!haha.
been waiting to see them for almost 2 years,but they pulled out of splendour, i wasnt 18 etc to stand in the way.they didnt disappoint.

presets were pretty good, but they missed out on a few good songs that they should have played.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
hiphophooray123 said:
yep they are always at these kind of fests now unfortunately, it's funny because they think they are the coolest people ever, then they get on the dancefloor and just sway their bodies violently from side to side and occasionally punch the air.

still, that's wot tha chix go for.

funniest thing we saw was a couple fucking on the dancefloor near the curtains.

yeah anyway,

ladyhawke - average but 'delerium' went down well.

whitest boy alive - really great, loved them, and the cover of 'show me love' was awesome.

hercules & love affair - really really good, thought the lead female was heaps sexy (until i just found out that she is transgender post-op or something....THE FUCKING SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME :( ) really good live band though.

cut copy - really disappointed actually, lights & music was good...and hearts on fire....BUT WHERE THE FUCK WAS 'ZAP ZAP' 'THAT WAS JUST A DREAM' AND 'GOING NOWHERE' those songs > anything they performed....and they didn't even do 'so haunted'

klaxons - amazing as expected, was so pumped, atlantis to interzone was insane and definently the highlight of the day. their new songs sounded good too.

the presets - disappointed really, the other times ive seen them they have been ALOT better, they didn't do 'down down down' or 'i go hard i go home' which i thought were musts in all their sets....the people around me during it were fucking horrible as well...all those shirtless lads and some bimbo gabber slut...i was jumping around...didnt even bump into her and shes like 'WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS MY PERSONAL SPACE' and im like......then she starts doing some weird fucking raver gabber bullshit dance and im like 'lol'

should have had it outdoors as well, hordern was shit for it.

klaxons saved the day
Weird, in Melbourne we got I Go Hard I Go Home, and So Haunted. But yeah, disappointed that both Cut Copy and The Presets didn't play more songs from their earlier albums. Cut Copy were still pretty good though, but The Presets were pretty disappointing.
Easily the highlight was The Whitest Boy Alive. By an awesome stroke of luck, they decided to do an extra show in Melbourne last Tuesday. Was incredible, they finished with a 20 min jam with the brass section from Hercules & Love Affair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)