New Business and Commerce Degree (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I heard that they're planning to change all the B Business degrees to the B Business and commerce degree or something....and they handed around a petition against it...
Not sure on the validity of it though..

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
I just graduated from my biz com degree 2 weeks ago and it changed once during my time there. the only change was a few different subjects.

I had a quick read of the new course, and the only major difference i can see is just some change in subject names, maybe they are just updating the subjects being taught.

it wouldnt be much difference from the pervious ones I dont think.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
They have a high projected cut off for the new course in advanced business leadership

UAI of at least 90.0 (or equivalent)

Currently enrolled undergraduate students must achieve a GPA of at least 5.0 across two consecutive semesters.

In addition to entry, students must continue to perform at a high level by maintaining a GPA of at least 5.0 across three consecutive semesters (with their performance to be reviewed annually). Students that fail to meet this performance requirement will be transferred to another UWS course that is deemed relevant in terms of completing their undergraduate studies.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
It looks like a course for undergrads who want to do their honours....as said in the previous post.

They want you to get GPA of credit average to keep doing the course, or else you get transferred. A cut off of 90 is a bit high, but i guess this will get the type of students they want.

Good thing I finished last year.....

L

LaraB

Malazn Pleasure said:
It looks like a course for undergrads who want to do their honours....as said in the previous post.

They want you to get GPA of credit average to keep doing the course, or else you get transferred. A cut off of 90 is a bit high, but i guess this will get the type of students they want.

Good thing I finished last year.....
Lol as if you'd have any problems! From memory from yoru past posts you did pretty damn well :)

I think it's a good idea. I'm so sick of the dopes in some of my classes who are "only doing the unit for the third time" as one intelligent young man put it.

I think this course will stimulate people who are sick of the dumbing down of business courses, particularly HRM and Management, to work harder and it's bound to open up new career paths.

Not to mention having a specific mark goal - I need those marks to maintain my scholarships and i think its great because you don't fall into a pattern of copmlacency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)