New Business Degrees from 2010 (1 Viewer)

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
The Bachelor of Commerce and the Bachelor of Economics programs at the Australian School of Business will be redesigned from next year to better prepare graduates for the rapidly changing business world.
Australian School of Business - UNSW-

Basically the core courses will be changing. What we now know as "QMA" will no longer be a core course, instead, new first years (starting next year) will have to do Accounting 1A, Microeconomics 1, Business stats (or what we now know as QMB), and MGMT1001, and then four more from a list of 6 courses remaining.

Now discuss. :D

And lol, MGMT1001... I guess it helps in the idea that you have to write essays? Since currently, none of the first year business cores really involve essay writing (as far as I recall...). And yes I did that subject in my first semester...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I hope they change the mgmt course a bit before making it a core, when i did it it was ridiculously dry and boring

Pace_T

HSC
MGMT is the most USELESS major you could possibly do. why is this a core?

-Anfernee-

HSC
Does it really matter what those young cats are going to be doing, like we'll all be finished by 2010.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
....i would have rather done MGMT than QMA >.<
Same here. With USYD though, their Core Units of study are the same as UNSW but... instead of MGMT they have a subject called INFS1000 (Business Information Systems Foundation) which is UNSW's equivalent of INFS1602. I really dislike QMA...

UNSW really is trying hard to become the better version of USYD in the Economics & Business Faculty.

Last edited:

08er

HSC
i dont know why they continue beyond financial maths in qma

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I don't see why there's hate for QMA. QMA was great. Especially if you had Simon Angus as your lecturer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)