New car decisions (1 Viewer)

- L1n -

HSC
CieL said:
Rip the side badge out and stick it on the rear.. or better yet, rip someone else's badge off

lol, if i did that it would be like how some scmuck stole 2 of my wheel caps. damn cheapasses. It's standard mazda caps ffs, lol

CieL

HSC
- L1n - said:
lol, if i did that it would be like how some scmuck stole 2 of my wheel caps. damn cheapasses. It's standard mazda caps ffs, lol
Caps? The ones you screw off to pump air?

Well................ it's Mazda! Better than K-mart or something....

fantaztik2006

HSC
N/A
actually a holden astra coupe with a body kit is quite visually pleasing :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
fantaztik2006 said:
actually a holden astra coupe with a body kit is quite visually pleasing :)
Indeed it is. I was looking at it heaps back when I was interested in the Astra Coupe CDX. Looks awesome but pity the transmission (auto) sucked enough to make me not want the car at all.

fantaztik2006

HSC
N/A
yeah too bad u cant buy the older model ones anymore :). They are so damn fine :)... i have an '05 model of the preceeding model and in auto it is still damn fine. I manage to get 8.5seconds 0-100

fantaztik2006

HSC
N/A
oh realli? oh haha i thought they were out of stock for astra classic, hence why it is taken off the holden website as well. Hmm but i guess it would be a ripoff buying an 05 plated car + MY05 car in 2006 since ure depreciation rates get caned.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If they drop the price enough then it might be able to woo people into buying old stock?... but then it is April, that's 4 months into the new year.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Minai, is buying it on finance/loan the smartest idea ?

After all, you are an accountant :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I assumed he was going to lease it.

And remember- opportunity cost :) Sometimes buying on a loan is a good thing.

nit

HSC
I don't think there's any TS Astra stock left anywhere - that's probably one of the reasons they brought out the viva/lanos to compete in that cheaper segment

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha... probably. But I think it was part of their plan to gradually phase out the old Astras anyway, and by calling it "Classic", it gave them a way to keep selling it until something Korean came along.

I still find the Barina safety thing to be a shocker.

nit

HSC
Yeh I find that whole kalos/lanos rebadging by Holden pretty low - those cars were - and still are - quite terrible. The sharp pricing thing is working for them, though, I think. Especially with the whole barina sedan thing - the only real competitors are the rio sedan and new yaris sedan, which looks pretty cool, but is about 3K costlier to start with.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
After the bad promo that Barina Sedan has gotten, I don't think it'll last in the long run. The only reason ppl are still buying into Barina is because the old model had such a good reputation... and whilst sales may have gone up now, I don't think in the long run the revenue will be able to maintain it's growth and they'll probably end up with less profit than they had before.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i dunno why people buy Holwoos. maybe they see the badge and think, if it's Holden it has to be good. seriously i've seen more Holwoo Barinas than i have Daewoo Kalos and the Kalos at least looked original whilst the Barina has nothing going for it except price.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
People are only buying it because they assume Holden Barina means quality (as it might've in the past) but now it's just a PoS- in the long run, it'll pretty much kill off the brand name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)