New Citizenship Test (1 Viewer)

MissGiggles

HSC
i bet most aussies still wouldn't pass it. i would be worried if i had to be tested for citizenship here.

absorber

HSC
bout time; atm I reckon it's more a nationalism test than a citizenship test

Last edited:

Jaylee42003

HSC
""But it should be equipping people to understand what their rights and responsibilities are, not testing them on Walter Lindrum or Don Bradman or any other irrelevant bit of Australiana.""

Who is Walter Lindrim?

Old citizenship test: failed.

HSC
"But it should be equipping people to understand what their rights and responsibilities are, not testing them on Walter Lindrum or Don Bradman or any other irrelevant bit of Australiana."

So true. And I don't know who that guy is either. Lol.

Lentern

HSC
"But it should be equipping people to understand what their rights and responsibilities are, not testing them on Walter Lindrum or Don Bradman or any other irrelevant bit of Australiana."

So true. And I don't know who that guy is either. Lol.
Lindrum was a billiards player whom I believe was so good that the rules were changed to curtail his success. I'm not surprised you don't know him though, the only two places I've discovered him was in an ABC series where an old fictious journalist in raving on about our national treasurers and mentions Lindrum in passing. The other was a book about Bradman which had a section about whether or not Bradman was the best Australian sportsman and Lindrum was mentioned in a short paragraph alongside Heather Mckay and a horse called Vain as a possible alternative.

C

copkiller

The whole concept of citizenship is a joke.

Anyone who lives here, and goes about there business without hurting anyone else should have exactly the same rights as anyone else.

We are all human beings. Certain people do not deserve special rights because they were born in a particular geographical location.

Jaylee42003

HSC

Anyone who lives here, and goes about there business without hurting anyone else should have exactly the same rights as anyone else.

We are all human beings. Certain people do not deserve special rights because they were born in a particular geographical location.
Agreed 100%! Although we all like to feel like we belong...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
death knell of the state

C

copkiller

Although we all like to feel like we belong...
Agreed but we don't need a piece of paper to tell us we belong.

Belonging comes from our relationships with people around us; which is why many immigrants who have lived here for some time feel as though they do belong, and as though they are as Australian as anyone else, despite not having some stupid piece of paper.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Citizenship and restrictions on immigration only exist because of the voting population who are too stupid, lazy and incompetent to make themselves valuable in any way, and know that in an international labour market, they wouldn't be worth dirt, so they jealously guard their ill-gotten wealth, acquired through the luck of happening to be born in the right place, with a righteous sense of entitlement.

If you are hard working and intelligent, you have nothing to fear from the abandonment of all immigration law, opening the borders.

The skilled and educated will of course profit greatly from the abundance of cheap labour.

I have no doubt that the conditions and pay of australia's working poor would be significantly undermined by the abolishment of immigration restrictions. However the conditions for millions of new immigrants would be substantially improved, I have no tears to shed for the minority who will be worse off, just because they happened to be born here and feel they are entitled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)