New Forum Layout (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jhakka

It looks better now without the dark blue.

I'm still a bit bummed about the extra navigating, though. Perhaps you could make a separate row for each subject area and show the main subject forums. For example (ignore the colours, by the way):

<table border=1><tr><td colspan=5 bgcolor=yellow><b>NEW SOUTH WALES (HSC):</b></td></tr>
<tr><td><b>English</b><br><font size=1><b>Subforums:</b> Area of Study, Standard, Advanced, Extension 1</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td></tr>
<tr><td><b>Maths</b><br><font size=1><b>Subforums:</b> General, Mathematics, Extension 1</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan=5 bgcolor=yellow><b>VICTORIA (VCE):</b></td></tr>
<tr><td><b>English</b><br><font size=1><b>Subforums:</b> Area of Study, Standard, Advanced, Extension 1</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td></tr>
<tr><td><b>Maths</b><br><font size=1><b>Subforums:</b> General, Mathematics, Extension 1</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td><td>whatever</td></tr></table>

With that format it gives users the option of hiding the education forums for the other states.

Last edited by a moderator:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I was just thinking that...I second jhakka. Or alternatively, create a bullet point list of the main forums, with the sub dot points of each individual subject underneath, e.g.:

1. English
a) ESL
b) English Standard
c) English Fundamentals
d) English Adv
e) English Ext 1
f) English Ext 2

2. Maths
a) Gen Maths
b) and so on....

And so on and so forth for other forums

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i dont like how when u go to "new posts" if i hav just read one it still comes up bold if for eg, i was the last 1 2 update it.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
it gets really annoying with the sub forums being displayed underneath the main forum and it gets hard find where you want to go.

But other than that it's alrite.

HSC
N/A
haha
it's bloody amazing dudez
congrats

however .. the first time i came on the site after it's updation .. i was somewhat shocked - i thought my computer had stuffed up the site! LoL

nah, but seriously..
it's pretti daimn awesome!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
is it me, or has the school forum gone AWOL...?

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
in the university forum... do the sub forums change according to last post time???

i think thats whats happening... i really like the new layout.. you can see heaps of stuff.. but im not sure that i like that changing all the time....

also maybe.. in the university - general forum i noticed there are some new subforums... maybe an education one?? it'd be interesting to find out how teacher education programs happen at other uni's..... just some thoughts....

Last edited:
B

badhairday

i think it looks alright.
it'll take a while to get used to though, now that its all split up

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
it would be cool if the most recent post has the post title, who it was posted by, time etc AS WELL AS the forum it was in?

sladehk

le random
HSC
I like better the way it is now. But maybe they could add more sub sections like a "computer help" section in IT

richz

Yep, it took a little time getting use to but its now all cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)