New HSC Changes now posted (1 Viewer)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
New HSC Changes now posted+ HSC Resources

Hopefully you all 04'ers know about the changes that are happening in this years HSC.
(The changes are in the last section-cross depth study- where its one question for 20 marks- no a,b,c)
A sample of the 04 SOR HSC has been posted at the BOS website.
Its in pdf form so you will need acrobat blah, blah, blah.
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/studiesreligion_specexam_04.pdf
Remember, its a sample only!

---------------
(edit added on April 13)
BTW- most of your teachers may only just be aware of the changes (if they dont read the BOS newsletters/updates that is) as the various associations have only just contacted schools in the last few weeks of term to announce the changes.......so go easy on your teachers if they didnt know ok!!

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
thank u very much i wasnt aware of the changes

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
thank goodness they changed that part, it was repetitive and ambiguious, although i will have to see if the changes fix the problem

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
it has its positives and negatives......
Going to be a nightmare to pick where they are going with the question (given that all 6 questions have to be the same-glossary term wise).
Im pretty sure it was changed for two reasons:
2 unit ppl were answering 9 "things" (which is a dumb argument- just drop a question and do 2!)
the new, new HSC syllabus which starts in 2006(?) actually combines 4 of the x-depth studies into one area (women+teachers+rites+ethics). The board figures it is good to have one question but me personally, I think it sucks.
At least it will help the good writers in 1 unit (and 2 unit) until the changes- basically it has gone back to the format prior to the 2001 changes ie you can write as much as you want.....

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
thank goodness they changed that part, it was repetitive and ambiguious, although i will have to see if the changes fix the problem
kinda had to be given the range of choices available at 2 unit level.
The sample still is repetive and a little vague...... sort of like the sample they handed out for the 2001 changes which didnt look anything like the 2002 actual HSC!!
<RANT>They love to make our jobs hard........ and you think its an easy subject. HA!
Gotta love how the change things midstream of a course..........</RANT>

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Supra
thank u very much i wasnt aware of the changes
me either thanks.....wow it even has a 2004 specimen paper...do you think they would have one for each subject??

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
me either thanks.....wow it even has a 2004 specimen paper...do you think they would have one for each subject??
as far as I know, only SOR has changes for this year. Best place is to look at the BOS website and check out the "whats happening this week" link. It lists all of the things that are going on at the BOS including changes.
Make sure your teachers know what is going as well... they should and they should have already mentioned it incase people are using past papers to get a head start

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
Make sure your teachers know what is going as well... they should and they should have already mentioned it incase people are using past papers to get a head start
our teacher told us nothing lucky i look in these forums or i would not have the faintest idea what is going on.....our teachers were all contridicting eachother during isp time so i dont really like to rely on them too much i prefer to self educate myself

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Whoppee!
My first sticky!! Makes me feel all warm and gooey!
Glad I could be of some small help!
(emmm Sticky?, Gooey? Please dont misinterpret this!)

Tabbs

grrr i think its a terrible idea... it doesnt really allow you to portray what you know... just on 3 certain topics, 60 questions?!?! terrible.. it would have been more appropriate 20 3 mark questions... variety of areas!

but thanx for letting me know otherwise

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tabbs
grrr i think its a terrible idea... it doesnt really allow you to portray what you know... just on 3 certain topics, 60 questions?!?! terrible.. it would have been more appropriate 20 3 mark questions... variety of areas!

but thanx for letting me know otherwise
Ummm. I think you may be confused.
What do you mean "60 questions".
The changes are on the Cross Study reducing the amount of questions you have to do to one question (instead of three) in the "big mark" section of the paper at 1 unit level (its three questions instead of nine at 2 unit level).
Are you suggesting that they should add 19 more questions at 1 unit level? or 57 more at 2 unit level?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
= Jennifer = said:
in a way yes because you cant take memorised answers in for the question cause the last couple of years they were similar
thats the aim....always has been but they have just (well..last year) realised that they will run out of question combinations. I like the changes as it allows for better answers ie actually answering the question against the terms+ you dont have to memorise three possible things (if that makes sense). Also makes all the questions fair as 1/2 of them were not fair dues to the fact that all of the questions had to have the same structure and glossary terms eg last years women (I think??) question was technically impossible due to the terms (could be wrong...may have been sacred people)

hanjoc

i think i like the changes. it allows for the inclusion of everything, and in the short answers, if u didnt know part of it u couldnt get the marks whereas in essay format i think its easier to try to cover yourself. we've done all the cross study's in this form all year so i suppose thats a help as well...although i do think the changes make u try to learn more, damn board of studies. do they not think we have nothing else to learn for the hsc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)