New jobs at Coles? (1 Viewer)

snowbro

HSC
So it goes like this,

In 2008 march I applied on the Coles website for a checkout job a suburb away and got accepted, I had to do some paid online training (Something like 8 advised hours and i got through it all in 40 minutes)

And after that I showed up for a training shift, and that was the last shift I turned up to. Which was also paid too
After a while I received a "separation of employee" (termination) notice as expected.

I've worked in two different places since then and I've put thse shift managers on my references but I've quit them since.

The last expression of interest form I filled out was july 2009, while I filled one out in april 2010 on a separate account, and I actually received an email/txt of a job posting at my local Coles.

The question is, would they have a record of my previous termination and would this be picked up by the HR? I'm too paranoid to think maybe they've blacklisted my first account.

Thanks

chrisnumber1

HSC
if you get an interview wear a fake mustache. and if they ask if you have worked for coles before say no

TheStallion

HSC
Yeah they probably would have your previous termination on file, but whether it'll affect your application or not, who knows.

snowbro

HSC
Dear Name,
Thank you for your recent application for a position with Coles. We are pleased to let you know that your application has progressed to the next phase of the recruitment process.
You are currently being considered for a position as a Service Assistants and Nightfillers at Coles, SuburbName. Your application has been short listed and forwarded to the relevant Manager at the store. Following their review of the applications they will select a number of candidates to interview. If you are selected for interview, a representative from the store will contact you by telephone within the next 7 days to book you in.

HR also picked up my two accounts and merged them together, and later deleted the duplicate application.

The rule of thumb I've been told was that if you get an interview from Coles, you're pretty much hired.

While the central HR thinks this is cool, the store HR may think otherwise. For reasons unknown to me this particular Coles was hiring casual Fresh produce, Checkout, Dairy, and Nightfill; all in the same job posting.

I guess i'd have a fair chance either way, since they seem to need the people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)