New laws to combat alcohol fuelled violence - Will they be effective or not? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
With mandatory sentencing for one punch attacks now in place, important lesson to take away from this;

Always punch twice

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I think its a good start to introduce mandatory sentencing, but however its can be better (like if you one punch someone, should be attempted murder or murder right away, with no chance of being downgraded).... I think we should learn a thing or 2 from Japan prisons, but we don't have the budget to do that. Japan has a 25% re-offending rate, where as here its 80%.....

So its a hard say overall.... our justice system have weak as piss (though there are exceptions)... If we don't fix the justice system, crimes will actually go up

And whoever agrees with lockouts, your the most stupid person on the planet..... Barry didn't want to agree with lockouts, the leftes, PC brigade and whatever..... pressured him to have lockouts... and in that, i blame people for lockouts. Lockout do nothing but caused further problems, and for people who work in late night jobs won't get to have fun..... Barry.... why do you have to listen to these idiots??

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I agree with closing times/lockouts. Most venues in the state are licenced to close at 'some time', this is just making it a bit earlier. If you accept that some venues should close at some time, this is really just fiddling around the edges, people entering venues after 1:30am are there to get fucking maggot, which causes broader problems.

Mandatory sentences are fucking terrible idea, you say you want one-punch assaults to be treated as murder, well there's no mandatory sentence for murder, so you're aguing for lower sentencing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)