New Moderators & Farewell (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dear members,

As you may or may not have been aware, I am stepping down as moderator from News, Current Affairs & Politics. I have a great deal of commitments this year and I would seriously not be able to maintain things.

After a consideration of potential replacements, the other moderators have agreed upon my two recommended candidates. They are both ancient members of the forum whom you all know. One of them is already a moderator and knows exactly how to handle things. The other is, and has been, a great contributor to the forum over the years. Both are level-headed, calm and rational people and I'm sure you will find them excellent replacements. Please welcome Generator and Xayma as the new NCAP moderators. The switch should be complete by tomorrow sometime. (McLake is currently away/inactive but will also remain as mod.)

Remember to use the "report bad post" feature, where appropriate, to make their jobs easier.

I have enjoyed participating in many discussions with you all, and in my later days keeping vigil over the forum. There are few places to come and discuss important issues with people your age and be exposed to such a wealth of diverse opinions. But now it is time to move on. I won't be active in NCAP anymore, although I will continue to moderate the Law section under Tertiary Studies.

Thanks and best of luck,
MS

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Cyas moonlight! ;)

Good choice for new mods :)

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
Ah that's a shame. You were a good mod. Best of luck for the next year.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Your presence here as a NCAP mod and your contribution to debate will be missed.

Two quotes from some months ago:
loquasagacious said:
I think that Moonlights contribution to the mod squad will be sorely missed. I have seen no other Mod who can on the one hand act impartially to balance needs of order with needs of freedom yet on the other be so approachable.
Rafy said:
I completely concur. Moonlight executed the position with great integrity and impartiality.

I'm sure Generator and Xayma will execute the role to the same high standards as you did. I have no doubt that they will be an effective team.

Best of luck MS. (And Generator/Xayma)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
Dear members,

As you may or may not have been aware, I am stepping down as moderator from News, Current Affairs & Politics. I have a great deal of commitments this year and I would seriously not be able to maintain things.

After a consideration of potential replacements, the other moderators have agreed upon my two recommended candidates. They are both ancient members of the forum whom you all know. One of them is already a moderator and knows exactly how to handle things. The other is, and has been, a great contributor to the forum over the years. Both are level-headed, calm and rational people and I'm sure you will find them excellent replacements. Please welcome Generator and Xayma as the new NCAP moderators. The switch should be complete by tomorrow sometime. (McLake is currently away/inactive but will also remain as mod.)

Remember to use the "report bad post" feature, where appropriate, to make their jobs easier.

I have enjoyed participating in many discussions with you all, and in my later days keeping vigil over the forum. There are few places to come and discuss important issues with people your age and be exposed to such a wealth of diverse opinions. But now it is time to move on. I won't be active in NCAP anymore, although I will continue to moderate the Law section under Tertiary Studies.

Thanks and best of luck,
MS
What are you going to be doing this yr?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
In the words of Padme: You're breaking my heart!

I'll miss you MoonlightSonata. You have been NCAP's greatest moderator. Your two successors are worthy choices and reflect the kind of leadership this forum has learnt to appreciate. Farewell.

- Steven.

HSC
erawamai said:
Good choice for new mods :)
oh god... Should we start to worry now?

------------

Byeee Moonlight.

Does this mean you wont be able to abuse my aboriginal land rights now?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Farewell Moonlight and Welcome to Xayma and Generator.....

The bar Moonlight has set is certainly high, though I dont doubt the new mods can meet it.

That said I expect the IR reform thread to be stickied :p....

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Moonlight's impartiality has always been something to marvel at. Even gender was skilfully sucked out of each post, like the proverbial poison of a 'snake'. Indeed, I even mused in the 'Does God Exist' threads that I wasn't reading the babble of a mere penis, but that of a god

HSC
Why all the obituaries? You’re not leaving us for EVER are you? Surely you could just leave your account dormant.

I noticed that one moderator hasn’t been online on this site since June 2005.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Hopefully Xayma / Generator can learn to mimic your great posting style for refuting non-sensicle posts :(
cant be matched in my opinion.

cya man.

btw, my nominees for the Mod position were "kangaroo" and "salima"

haha just joking. that would destroy all rational thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)