New National Curriculum (1 Viewer)

Do you like the new national curriculum?

• Total voters

hungry_soul

HSC
Hi,

So I am in Year 10, and I want to start studying for my Year 11 subject and by textbooks and stuff.

But...

The New National Curriculum

So does anyone know what years this will affect. ie. will I be doing the new curriculum in Year 11, Year 12 or both.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Starting from next year year 11's will be starting the new curriculum and the year 12's will be finishing off the old one.

hungry_soul

HSC
Thanks! So I have to do the new curriculum and their is nothing I can do to stop it! :(

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
you cant do anything.

Haven't heard much about it besides the fact that NSW will be going "backwards" in terms of learning. As supposedly the stuff we do is harder than what other states do

spatula232

HSC
I think it's stupid. But do you reckon they'll mark a bit easier since it's new?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
National Curriculum for Seniors is still at the consultation stage and isn't being introduced yet. Next year Years 7 and 9 will be moving to the NSW version of the National Curriculum (which is different to the other states) in English, Maths, Science and History. Years 8 and 10 will roll out in NSW in 2015. Seniors sometime after that. At the moment the states are disagreeing about standards and format e.g. do we have a nationwide HSC/VCE style exam or a Qld style assessment program across the nation.

Stick to the current syllabi and you will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)