New secret US base in Australia (1 Viewer)

dilroy

HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/secret-new-us-spy-base-to-get-green-light/2007/02/15/1171405303064.html

The Federal Government is about to approve the base after three years of secret negotiations with Washington.

A visiting fellow at the Australian Defence Force Academy, Philip Dorling, said that once the base was operating it would be almost impossible for Australia to be fully neutral or stand back from any war in which the US was involved.

Dr Dorling said the base would have direct military significance and would be a military target, similar to the submarine communications base at North West Cape and the joint facility at Pine Gap with its missile early warning system.

This article is kind of old but anyhow it's still interesting. I've been aware of Pine Gap and North West Cape for a long time, but low and behold another one is to be built right on Australian soil.

I think it's ridiculous how the American's don't allow us to purchase their new fighter jets "F-22" or some bullshit, yet we allow them to build some mysterious secret bases (e.g. Pine Gap) with 800 US employees and it's so secret even the high levels of Australian officials don't know about its true purpose...
What's even more worse is that every war the US manages to accidently be involved in, we may have to be forced to join the war. China anyone?

How much American cock must we suck before we become a cock-sucking-American free nation? In other words an "independant Australia". This is a joke that we are bending our arses over to these rednecks and yet we don't get anything valuable in return but a bigger and sore asshole!

Is our culture being swamped by Americans? Are we just the victims of this "Big Brother US"?

Heck, we might as well just become another American state, eat big macs and suck cock all day.

Edit: Removed some politically correct or incorrect comments.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
dilroy said:
I think it's ridiculous how the American's don't allow us to purchase their new fighter jets "F-22" or some bullshit, yet we allow them to build some mysterious secret bases (e.g. Pine Gap) with 800 US employees and it's so secret even the high levels of Australian officials don't know about it...
What's even more worse is that every war the US manages to accidently be involved in, we may have to be forced to join the war. China anyone?
Yet you've managed to find out about this? I'm pretty impressed with your awesome detective skills, you're a real life Nancy Drew!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
dilroy said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/secret-new-us-spy-base-to-get-green-light/2007/02/15/1171405303064.html

The Federal Government is about to approve the base after three years of secret negotiations with Washington.

A visiting fellow at the Australian Defence Force Academy, Philip Dorling, said that once the base was operating it would be almost impossible for Australia to be fully neutral or stand back from any war in which the US was involved.

Dr Dorling said the base would have direct military significance and would be a military target, similar to the submarine communications base at North West Cape and the joint facility at Pine Gap with its missile early warning system.

This article is kind of old but anyhow it's still interesting. I've been aware of Pine Gap and North West Cape for a long time, but low and behold another one is to be built right on Australian soil.

I think it's ridiculous how the American's don't allow us to purchase their new fighter jets "F-22" or some bullshit, yet we allow them to build some mysterious secret bases (e.g. Pine Gap) with 800 US employees and it's so secret even the high levels of Australian officials don't know about it...

How much American cock must we suck before we become a cock-sucking-American free nation? In other words an "independant Australia". This is a joke that we are bending our arses over to these rednecks and yet we don't get anything valuable in return but a bigger and sore asshole!

Is our culture being swamped by Americans? Are we just the victims of this "Big Brother US"?

Heck, we might as well just become another American state, eat big macs and suck cock all day.

Edit: Removed some politically correct or incorrect comments.
Some might argue we're doing it for our protection. But then look at NZ. They stood up to the Americans, got dropped from the alliance, and yet nobody has done anything to provoke NZ security.

Perhaps Latham said it the best: "John Howard is an arse-licker."

banco55

HSC
I think it's function is secret but the fact that there's going to be a base is not at all secret. They were debating it in parliament last week. What do we lose by having the US use a piece of real estate that noone is currently using? As for the US alliance it's primarily an insurance policy. Although if it hadn't been for the US East Timor could have gone quite differently.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
This is just nothing short of ridicolous.

We're mere pawns to the U.S. pathethic. We should think about US, not them. Let them take care of themselves.

Optophobia

HSC
Would the USA ever allow us to build a military base on their soil?

lengy

HSC
Ignore the fact that this is another anti-yank article. Should we allow another country's military to build a base on our soil? UK? France? Russia? China? Japan? Indonesia? Iran? Israel?

Riewe

HSC
So, what's the problem?

If the US want to put another base in Australia, they should. It does not harm Australia and only strengthens the US-Australian alliance. Nothing bad will come from it so therefore, there shouldn't be all this whinging about it from anti-American people.

PS: You must like cock dilroy if you mention it so much.

lengy

HSC
Then lets invite China to do the same to strengthen our relationship with them.

banco55

HSC
lengy said:
Do we have a treaty with them that promises they will come to our aid we are attacked?

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
U.S. forces give the nod
It's a setback for your country
Bombs and trenches all in rows
Bombs and threats still ask for more

Divided world the CIA
Who controls the issue
You leave us with no time to talk
You can write your own assessment

Sing me songs of no denying
Seems to me too many trying
Waiting for the next big thing

Will you know it when you see it
High risk children dogs of war

Now market movements call the shots
Business deals in parking lots
Waiting for the meat of tomorrow

Everyone is too stoned to start emission
People too scared to go to prison
We're unable to make decisions
Political party line don't cross that floor

L. Ron Hubbard can't save your life
Superboy takes a plutonium wife
In the shadows of Ban the Bomb we live

lengy said:
Ignore the fact that this is another anti-yank article. Should we allow another country's military to build a base on our soil? UK? France? Russia? China? Japan? Indonesia? Iran? Israel?
No, NO, No, NO, No, No, No, Yes (don't know why they'd want one though).

lengy said:
Why bother, they've already got plenty of spies here.
You aren't one of them are you?

dilroy

HSC
If you don't realise it by now, the Americans are doing it for their own benefit. The US really helped Britain a lot during the Falklands War didn't they? Oh look at World War II, "lets sell weapons while the we watch the world kill themselves" *Pearl Harbour* "whoa shit didn't see that coming"...
They benefit more from this so called "US-AU relationship" more than we do. Oh and the US also used to be friends with Saddam Hussein and now look what happened to him.. hurr..

http://www.fas.org/irp/facility/pine_gap.htm

Look at Pine Gap for example:

Pine Gap, near Alice Springs, employs nearly 1,000 people, mainly from the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Reconnaissance Office. Originally code-named MERINO, it is the ground station for a satellite network that intercepts telephone, radio, data links, and other communications around the world. The facility currently includes a dozen radomes, a 5,600 square meter computer room, and 20-odd service and support buildings.

The US base at Pine Gap is heavily involved in the Echelon global satellite spy system and in the "Star Wars" program. Activity at this base is kept secret from Australian citizens and Australian government.

So we also got Redneck perverts spying on our own asses. I mean for all we know they could be sending confidential personal and business information back to the states as well.

Who the hell is going to invade Australia anyway? The only invasion I see is the 100,000+ Pacific Islanders migrating to our shores due to rising sea levels.

Bush is leaving in like a year or something, do you actually think the other presidents will want to give us the same treatment? Remember that Bush was probably the most idiotic US president in all of history, I'm sure this mistake won't happen anytime soon and our relationships will again change.

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
dilroy said:
If you don't realise it by now, the Americans are doing it for their own benefit. The US really helped Britain a lot during the Falklands War didn't they? Oh look at World War II, "lets sell weapons while the we watch the world kill themselves" *Pearl Harbour* "whoa shit didn't see that coming"...
They benefit more from this so called "US-AU relationship" more than we do. Oh and the US also used to be friends with Saddam Hussein and now look what happened to him.. hurr..

Umm the Falklands wouldn't have been doable without the support the UK received from the US.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
dilroy you have to be one of the most biased, anti-US person I have ever seen.

L

littlewing69

banco55 said:
I think it's function is secret but the fact that there's going to be a base is not at all secret. They were debating it in parliament last week. What do we lose by having the US use a piece of real estate that noone is currently using? As for the US alliance it's primarily an insurance policy. Although if it hadn't been for the US East Timor could have gone quite differently.

National pride? If they want a reciprocal thing....cool...but I'm not comfortable with an American facility on our land which is not beholden to us.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
banco55 said:
Do we have a treaty with them that promises they will come to our aid we are attacked?
Isn't the ANZUS treaty: we come to them if they're in danger, they decide whether or not they will come to us if we're in danger? I remember a lot of articles about the nature of the treaty and people complaining about the US forces "may" assist Australia in times of need.

There's a 99.9% chance they will, but if they don't...

As long as the Americans aren't taking valuable real estate, or are paying for it, I guess it shouldn't be a problem. Also, it shouldn't be a problem if they're not using Australian land against Australian interests. The government will take an assurance from the US president about that, they won't look into the bases.

Though as I said, NZ has been suspended by the US from the ANZUS treaty, and they're surviving just fine.

L

littlewing69

poloktim said:
Isn't the ANZUS treaty: we come to them if they're in danger, they decide whether or not they will come to us if we're in danger? I remember a lot of articles about the nature of the treaty and people complaining about the US forces "may" assist Australia in times of need.

There's a 99.9% chance they will, but if they don't...

As long as the Americans aren't taking valuable real estate, or are paying for it, I guess it shouldn't be a problem. Also, it shouldn't be a problem if they're not using Australian land against Australian interests. The government will take an assurance from the US president about that, they won't look into the bases.

Though as I said, NZ has been suspended by the US from the ANZUS treaty, and they're surviving just fine.

Would the US allow an Australian military facility on their soil?

Stott Despoja

HSC
N/A
poloktim said:
Apples and oranges, as I'm sure you know.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Yes US would allow Australian military facility but Australia does not need one nor it have the men/equipment and funds to maintain military base elsewhere like the US have around the world.

No one attacks NZ because everyone is sure that US/Australia/UK would come to their aid, regardless of their exclusion from ANZUS treaty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)