NEW SHOWS for 2005 (1 Viewer)

firehose

HSC
Hi all, just asking if you ppl are interested in the new shows that are gonna air on TV when the real season starts again. Plz note the list also contains some shows that might not air for a while on Aus TV and is currently only available via torrent download.

here is my list, feel free to add any of your own that i might have missed

1. CSI:NY
2. Lost
3. Desperate Housewives
4. The Colony
5. The 4400 (TV series)
6. Survivor: Palau
7. Queer Eye Aussie version [bad news!! :mad: ]
8. Point Pleasant
9. Joey
10. The Alice
11. Campus
12. The X Factor
13. Starstruck
14. North Shore
15. life as we know it

.. coming straight from my head.. surely there are more good ones out there

please post ur opinions on any of the shows

personally i think everyone should watch Lost, best show ever!!!! (from creator of Alias too!!) Point pleasant is good too but uncertain when it will air here

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I will definitely be watching Lost, Desperate Housewives, The 4400 and Joey when they start here in a few months. I haven't really read much about Life As We Know It but I will probably have a look at it. I have downloaded the Pilot of Point Pleasant that aired in America a few days ago but haven't got around to watching it yet. There are too many good shows in America at the moment. I could go on forever:p!

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I'll be watching:
Lost
The 4400
Queer eye aussie version - NOT bad news ! finally !!
Joey
& The X Factor

oh and Everwood is coming to aussie tv sometime this yr too, i think.

Fry

firehose said:
Point pleasant is good too but uncertain when it will air here
have you seen it? i hope it is good. i think FOX replaced Tru Calling with this show.

i heard Everwood is a really boring family show. Boston Legal is another newie that 7 will be showing. 10 will also be showing Medical Investigation (looking forward to that one) and Medium starring Patricia Arquette. you've probably seen them advertised.

Last edited:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
firehose said:
here is my list, feel free to add any of your own that i might have missed

1. CSI:NY
2. Lost
3. Desperate Housewives
4. The Colony
5. The 4400 (TV series)
6. Survivor: Palau
7. Queer Eye Aussie version [bad news!! :mad: ]
8. Point Pleasant
9. Joey
10. The Alice
11. Campus
12. The X Factor
13. Starstruck
14. North Shore
15. life as we know it

.. coming straight from my head.. surely there are more good ones out there
Ok choices, CSI: NY is very dark, i dont really like it CSI is much better. Desperate Housewives and Lost are MUST SEE should be top 2. Desperate housewives is vs Queereye so i guess that will flop faster than the hot house.

Amazing Race 6 is another show to look out for. It premieres tuesday Feb 1 7.30 then moves to its regular slot where it will benifit from the lost lead in.

firehose

HSC
Yeah Des. Housewives and Lost are the two must see ones, despite the fact that they are only in 1st season in US they are already the 2nd and 4th most watched dramas (respectively) there! and yeah Point Pleasant is pretty good ive watched the two that have aired so far, its basically a slightly flawed drama about a girl who is the daughter of the devil but she doesnt know it. from the makers of Buffy apparently.
Medium is another promising one, and yep i hope aussie queer eye flops :)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
oh you anti-gays..... the aussie one doesnt compare to the original, but its good enough !

ooh yeh and medium... looks fucking scary. but i wanna see it. is that american, aussie or british ?

Fry

Annegelic said:
oh you anti-gays..... the aussie one doesnt compare to the original, but its good enough !

ooh yeh and medium... looks fucking scary. but i wanna see it. is that american, aussie or british ?
it's American. i don't think ill be watching it though cos it's too scary. yesh, im a chicken.

firehose

HSC
lol me too, i'll try keep away from it
and sorry and correct me if wrong but da vast majority of (straight) men don't watch queer eye

Lorie

HSC
i really wish they would give up with the reality survior shows, like disco it's dead.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Lorie said:
i really wish they would give up with the reality survior shows, like disco it's dead.
survivor rates more than 2 times of what 'the OC' is doing in the same timeslot. It consistently makes the top 10 shows in the US so its far from dead.

Lorie

HSC
routemarker said:
survivor rates more than 2 times of what 'the OC' is doing in the same timeslot. It consistently makes the top 10 shows in the US so its far from dead.

god damn, but comparing it to the OC isn't a quality comparsion.

But seriously it's so predictable. I don't think it would have that kind of rating in oz.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I'm curious about Lost even though I don't watch TV often. I'll check out Aussie Queer Eye just to see them attempt an Australian version and see how if compared to the first season of American Queer Eye.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
There's a new show out called Veronica Mars that's the greatest thing since...Lost. ;)
Channel 9 [bleh] are supposed to be picking it up.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, you are all mentioning just about every show I want to see or at least have a look at. This list expands on my previous one but I will probably add some more later when I think of them. I do realise that one or two of these may have already aired in Australia but I haven't seen them yet and plan to:).

Battlestar Galactica
Center of the Universe
Committed
Complete Savages
Dead Like Me
Entourage
Everwood
Jack & Bobby
Jonny Zero
Listen Up
Medium
Quintuplets
ReGenesis
Rescue Me
Rodney
Six Feet Under
The Wire
Tilt
Unscripted
Veronica Mars

:cool:.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)