New uni mail (1 Viewer)

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
Hey, that's great advice. I've considered doing that before for things like signing up for newsletters at random websites. So...if I do that...should I use variations of positions of dots? Like (to use your hilarious example) imalittl.eteapot@gmail.com for uni mail and imalittleteapo.t@gmail.com for newsletters? Ah, this is getting a bit OCD.
yeah, i just have one for avoiding spam but you could have all sorts of filters going on with different dot positions.

izzy88

HSC
Also, if you can, try to access your new email asap. When I checked it for the first time today, I'd received several important updates from my tutor already.
shouldn't everything be being (re)directed to our old accounts like normal until we sign up to the new one? or will i not be getting any emails from uni (since they are the only ones to have the new addresses) until i sign up/log in?

edit: well there we go- just signed in and there are a heap of emails. stupid email service :(

Last edited:

amber44

HSC
shouldn't everything be being (re)directed to our old accounts like normal until we sign up to the new one? or will i not be getting any emails from uni (since they are the only ones to have the new addresses) until i sign up/log in?

edit: well there we go- just signed in and there are a heap of emails. stupid email service :(
I know it's totally spasticated! So much for them saying we can use the existing service up until the end of the year, what's the point when I won't be getting any replies back!
P.S. This new email service sucks overall!
P.S.S. Why does it look so shit, little windows everywhere. What ever happened to simple user interface?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
P.S.S. Why does it look so shit, little windows everywhere. What ever happened to simple user interface?
Top tip:

In Internet Explorer (it only works in this) go:

Options -> Settings (in the left hand column) -> General @ the top -> Then under accessibility check the box, "use the blind and low vision experience".

Log out then log in (if it doesn't change, do it again and close all browser windows then log in again).

Voila, unshit e-mail.

izzy88

HSC
does anyone use entourage to access their mail?? in which case have you managed to get it working with the new service?

I followed the instructions to set it up (well attempted) but it can't connect to outlook...does anyone have any advice? i guess i'll probably go to the tech people in fisher tomorrow and try to get it working...

witide

HSC
I can't log in either...it says my password is wrong :/

HSC
Are you using your old password? We were sent an email a few days ago that gives us a new password to sign in with the first time we use the new system.

If you haven't done this, look for an email in your inbox from Sydney Mail Administrator.
If you can't get into your new account, try looking for this email and following the instructions. It worked for me - although other people have said they didn't need to do it this way, so idk.

wagga

HSC
I have successfully logged in and changed my password, now whenever I try to log in it tells me either the email or password is incorrect (and no, I haven't forgotten my password). Anyone got an idea as to why this might be the case?

izzy88

HSC
great- the tech people are reaaally helpful. Entourage does not work yet, the instructions they had on the net (which i followed), don't work (they've subsquently taken them down). won't know how to set it up for about a week...

and so many people i've talked to either can't log on or didn't realise that all their mail was being redirected to the new account...i don't think they've handled the introduction very well...and during a time of semester when heaps of emails are going out about assignments/exams etc

jaimebien

HSC
I have successfully logged in and changed my password, now whenever I try to log in it tells me either the email or password is incorrect (and no, I haven't forgotten my password). Anyone got an idea as to why this might be the case?
Yep, that also happened to me last night. No idea why, but I reset the password by choosing the option for them to verify my identity through location and secret question (as opposed to the other option of sending a new password to my alternate email address).

Also, for those interested, these are the POP3 settings for uni mail (which my friend figured out somehow):

Server: outlook.com
Port:995
Username: your full email address (eg. moop4597@uni.sydney.edu.au)
Also, you have to check the box for authentication.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Yep, that also happened to me last night. No idea why, but I reset the password by choosing the option for them to verify my identity through location and secret question (as opposed to the other option of sending a
new password to my alternate email address).

Also, for those interested, these are the POP3 settings for uni mail (which my friend figured out somehow):

Server: outlook.com
Port:995
Username: your full email address (eg. moop4597@uni.sydney.edu.au)
Also, you have to check the box for authentication.
The settings for POP/SMTP are exactly the same as the microsoft help within the e-mail.

Just look there if you want to set up entourage/outlook.

izzy88

HSC
The settings for POP/SMTP are exactly the same as the microsoft help within the e-mail.

Just look there if you want to set up entourage/outlook.
would you be able to link? (unless you mean the help section on entourage...) which particular help section and where?

i tried the above info but couldn't get it to work...i'm not particularly technologically competent!

nick1689

HSC
This is bullshit

I enter my unikey, and password and everything and it comes up saying that somethings wrong

So I try to change my password, but then it says that my password is based on a word in the dictionary WHEN ITS FUCKING NOT!?

Nice move usyd

undalay

HSC
For those with emails that don't work. Call the helpline, they fix all.

izzy88

HSC
Thankyou!! :) i'll try to set it up later.

Edit: did you manage to get entourage working with these instructions?? these instructions are the ones the uni put up in the first place but then took down- they don't work. Or, at least, i can't get them to work...

oh well i think i might admit defeat until the tech people come up with a solution!
thanks anyway though :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)