newbie computer questions ver.2332234 (winamp) (1 Viewer)

astron

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Protector
I think it says themes... not styles... what a shame... :p [/B]
How very observant. Yes, but these themes refer to a combination of the style, wallpaper, fonts, etc.

Now look at this.

I think it say styles, not themes. What a shame. I guess the documentation did match what the program said. How very interesting!
Exactly as Huy and Winston said.

By the way, that sarcasm button can be pushed right about now.

Winston

HSC
LOL Alright guys my bad i shouldn't have corrected him of calling it visual styles, my bad, now we can quit this them & styles business lol :p....

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
LOL Alright guys my bad i shouldn't have corrected him of calling it visual styles, my bad, now we can quit this them & styles business lol :p....
LOL it's all your fault Winston!!! :p

I would have let it slip (okay, I lied, I would have corrected him too...) :D

Winston

HSC
=)

Let me make it clear that hockey refereeing is a profitable organisation to get into...

http://umse.ausstarcraft.com/bos/bos-themes.jpg

I think it says themes, not styles. What a shame...

Don't get me wrong, thats what I ment. =)
I still dont see what or how ur proving it though lol... becoz it makes no sense at all

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
The tab name says THEMES... not STYLES...

The Styles are purely colours... Why the hell would a style lag you?...

Oh, by the way...

(~$100) 2x Logitech Elite Keyboard
(~$100) 2x Logitech MX500
(~$300) 1x Hyundai ImageQuest P910+

I say it again, HOCKEY REFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFING

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
I still dont see what or how ur proving it though lol... becoz it makes no sense at all
LOL it's the same picture as before! :p

Protector, read our posts again, slowly.
Astron's, mine and Winston's former posts.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
I read your posts, I swear it says THEMES on my windows... :p

And the styles aren't what I ment to begin with... :)

Unless you're talking about external programs like StyleXP etc. In which case, I take it totally onboard...

I do live primarily in Linux or MacOS... so you know... I'm a little lost in windows... but the impression I got was its a theme... not a style.

The style is merely the colours :)

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
I read your posts, I swear it says THEMES on my windows... :p

The style is merely the colours :)
I don't think you understand Protector.

It does say "Themes" in your window (screenshot), but have you navigated to the Appearance tab?

Take a screenshot of that (see Astron's post and image).

No, I was not talking about external programs like StyleXP (stop here for a second, and think why they don't call it "ThemesXP")

btw, the Visual Style does not constitute the colours alone (see my previous post, visit Microsoft themselves with my links provided and you will learn something) ;)

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Yeah, like I said... I live in Linux and MacOS... the THEMES are the textures etc. The styles are colours tinting them...

Thats all :)

I believe you that in Windows its that... I just forget other people don't live in a unix based world like I do...

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
"A theme is a set background plus a set of sounds, icons, and other elements to help you personalise your computer with one click"

"Visual styles are specifications for the appearance of controls. For example, visual styles can define the color, size, and font of controls, and they enable you to configure the visual interface to coordinate with your application interface."
I believe you that in Windows its that... I just forget other people don't live in a unix based world like I do...
Sorry, but I thought you had a Pentium 4 (with 4 CPUs no doubt, 4GB of DDR400 RAM and a 256MB Radeon XT video card).

It's hard to forget that people live outside your "unix based world" - you haven't noticed that 90% of the world's computers run Windows?

Must be a small "unix based world" that you live in... :eek:

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
It is... I live under a rock... its name is jupiter... :p

I'll have to look at Windows... most... erm... security... teseters... don't use Windows much...

Yeah, I may have XP installed, but I don't use it much.

Huy

HSC
N/A
It is... I live under a rock... its name is jupiter... :p
I thought Jupiter was a gas giant, I must be looking in the wrong textbooks because I've never heard of it as being a rock before, only the inner planets. ;)
I'll have to look at Windows... most... erm... security... teseters... don't use Windows much...

Yeah, I may have XP installed, but I don't use it much.
Why do you post with frequent lapses in thinking?

I...like... typing... like ... this...

Do you think while you type? Or are you just making things up on the spot, as you go? Because it seems to me as though you are now a "security tester" for Windows, looking and examining Windows flaws.

I didn't know you can be so analytical! Are you also a software programmer? coder? debugger? security consultant?

I wish I was like you, when *I* was 15! :rolleyes: :p

Job at 12, twenty thousand dollars per year, an equal amount in terms of computing hardware, a part-time job, being a security tester, owning a Fujitsu Tablet PC, a G5, four Pentium 4 CPUs in the one computer, gigabytes of RAM, and you don't even use Windows XP much!

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I thought Jupiter was a gas giant, I must be looking in the wrong textbooks because I've never heard of it as being a rock before, only the inner planets. ;)

Why do you post with frequent lapses in thinking?

I...like... typing... like ... this...

Do you think while you type? Or are you just making things up on the spot, as you go? Because it seems to me as though you are now a "security tester" for Windows, looking and examining Windows flaws.

I didn't know you can be so analytical! Are you also a software programmer? coder? debugger? security consultant?

I wish I was like you, when *I* was 15! :rolleyes: :p

Job at 12, twenty thousand dollars per year, an equal amount in terms of computing hardware, a part-time job, being a security tester, owning a Fujitsu Tablet PC, a G5, four Pentium 4 CPUs in the one computer, gigabytes of RAM, and you don't even use Windows XP much!

No... I use linux for its advantages in getting into places where I'm not supposed to...

But I'm not a hacker. Basically... if my dad stores a file I want... I can get it. Thats all.

And no, nothing too technical... I just like playing with things...

And yes... my dad helps pay for my toys :p But generally, I pay him back. I slaved for two years... now I just work part time, and ref hockey.

At $30 for 45 minutes of Hockey... well, you do the math. If most of that isn't taxed... well... there you have it.

Huy

HSC
N/A
No... I use linux for its advantages in getting into places where I'm not supposed to...But I'm not a hacker.
You are teh |337!!! :cool:

What kind of advantages are you talking about, exactly?
What are the benefits of using Linux over Windows for your advantageous Internet activities?
Care to share a few of your experiences?
Do you want to talk about your specific techniques, your methods, or your "skills"? I would like to hear about them, and maybe I can learn from you...

Maybe you would like to try to hack me?
Basically... if my dad stores a file I want... I can get it. Thats all.

I didn't know you can hack your own LAN... you know what they say, you learn something new each day ;) :p

Last edited:

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
You are teh |337!!! :cool:

What kind of advantages are you talking about, exactly?
What are the benefits of using Linux over Windows for your advantageous Internet activities?
Care to share a few of your experiences?
Do you want to talk about your specific techniques, your methods, or your "skills"? I would like to hear about them, and maybe I can learn from you...

Maybe you would like to try to hack me?

I didn't know you can hack your own LAN... you know what they say, you learn something new each day ;) :p [/B]
erm... you can hack your own lan when your dad has a router between his computer and yours... (WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?!)

Huy... no. I don't know much, I'm learning more. And no, I don't hack people, aside from my dad... :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
erm... you can hack your own lan when your dad has a router between his computer and yours... (WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?!)

Huy... no. I don't know much, I'm learning more. And no, I don't hack people, aside from my dad... :p

Ohh okay! I get it now.

So you can hack your own LAN??? I have to try that one day. Maybe with physical access to the computer I can do more, what do you think?

Even with a router, you can do so many cool things with file-sharing on. I have to try that one day! A router between two computers makes things difficult, so I have heard from my 13 year old friend. He's pretty cool too, he told me that he's getting a 17" PowerBook and I'm going to hack his mum later when he lets me borrow his laptop. It's going to be fun.

btw, I think you are so full of it. Where's that sarcasm button? ;)

astron

HSC
N/A
I slaved for two years... now I just work part time, and ref hockey.

At $30 for 45 minutes of Hockey... well, you do the math. If most of that isn't taxed... well... there you have it.
Doesnt this just get better and better.

SLAVING at age 13 (which is in fact bordering on illegal, due to taxation issues, you cant legally work till you're fifteen.)

AND. $30 for 45 minutes of hockey. Wow. That's really good. How many hours of hockey do you ref per day? 5 hours? What a great job.

(Because of course, hockey is played 24/7).

Lets see what else we can add to the saga (still pressing the sarcasm button)

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
=P Huy. I'm serious... which is the problem... Half the stuff I do I don't understand, and what I do I'm willing to share...

My dad's computer is virtual lanned, I don't know how its done, because its locked in a room. Hence the problem.

Its a Windows XP Pro Machine. File Sharing is good.

*leaves conversation*

This is getting beyond spam...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)