News.com.au "Teachers failing the maths grade" (1 Viewer)

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I dropped from extension ...

... to general ...

and in all honesty ...

... you shouldn't even need a teacher for this stuff.

x_symphonic

HSC
General is different from standard and extension in terms of difficulty. In my school, my teacher isn't even qualified to teach 3 unit nor do I think he is capable of teaching a standard class, it was his first year teaching an extension class. The only good thing is that he's good at teaching general and the earlier years under year 12. My knowledge of maths till now is gained from tutoring and probably a mere 10% is learnt from my school teacher. And from this, I agree that teachers are failing the maths grade

I Study Hard

HSC
My general maths teacher was awesome.
I don't think just because more people are doing general maths that means we're getting worse at maths. I just think it means more of us want maths that has a practical application?
My general maths teacher is fully qualified and also teaches 4 unit xD

shady145

Banned
HSC
my 2u teacher is cool... if he asks u a question and u get i wrong he says, "give yourself an uppercut"
but he is very dedicated and taught me his tricks
my 3u teacher was very good
my 4u teacher, 1st time teaching the course... nah didnt help much, a book my 3u teacher gave me helped me more, something about 50 exam tips =S

hollaholla

HSC
my maths teacher SERIOUSLY i mean seriously makes 2+ mistakes every day and we;ve gotta correct him. I know..people are human and they make mistakes...but NOT everyday! And AAnd after he makes the mistake and we correct him, he goes, "i was testing you".

q3thefish

HSC
My 3U teacher was simply awesome - thanks Mr.Dillon!

4U was slightly less awesome but still pretty cool ahah

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
if you go to ryde secondary college and you have mrs yellowlees as your maths teacher or mrs daniels as your english teacher then you are fucked
Thank god I didn't move into Ryde Secondary...(cool students, shit teachers) :).

My maths teacher was awesome! It was her first year teaching from Year 11, and she did an awesome job (she even plays WoW, Sims, Wii fit =O). Examples and exercise questions in the beginning, past papers and facebook HSC advice in the end. If I only I wasn't lazy turning up late to morning classes every single day, then my 4U raw would be higher...

Thanks Mrs. Chirgwin =D.

Last edited by a moderator:

imalda

HSC
my school is lucky. we had some awesome maths teachers but half of them retired at the end of last year. our school has always been strong in maths so yeah XD the new ones we have aren't as good but probably due to not enough experience but they're still really good. very dedicated. i think my maths year is gonna do well in the hsc again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)