News.com.au "Teachers failing the maths grade" (1 Viewer)

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
straight from the News.com.au

Teachers failing the maths grade | National News | News.com.au

personally i think my general maths teacher did a very good job through out the 2 years. she tried every single methods to helps us understand every topics. i dont know about other schools.

so what do you guys thinks all 09 gen maths?</b>
do u think that your maths teacher failed teach you?

JB10

HSC
My math teacher was a legend... Fav teacher in the school probably

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Awesome teacher, not as apt as us but worked super hard (harder than us) to get us up to speed and explained concepts very well :)

sickk

HSC
worst. teacher. ever. just pretty much gave up half way thru year 12

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
My current math teacher sucks. He doesn't explain concepts or write theory notes. He just does extremely quick examples on the board and the rest of the time is spent making us do exercises or loud bantering with students. Luckily I have a tutor.

sickk

HSC
luckily i dont have to go to maths anymore :lol:

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Pretty much every maths teacher I've ever had sucks. Coming from other teachers at the school, I've heard that good maths teachers are really hard to find these days. Those who are good often stay where they are, and there aren't a whole lot of good new ones coming through. I would say at our school, that almost all of our maths teachers aren't fully qualified. Most of them are English/History/PD teachers, etc. who have more or less been forced into teaching maths.

I know there are a lot of great ones out there, but when compared to other subjects I think I see where the article's coming from.

johony

HSC
60% unqualified?

surely someone saw the news limited bullshit

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
60% is a bit to extreme, my school has plenty of good maths teachers, 3-4 real good ones, and its a school ranked in early 200's.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
My teacher is no doubt the worst teacher that actually tries to teach.
Bitch.

Worst part is, the bitch quit her previous job (actuary I think) that paid over double what she gets now. She always wanted to teach or something.
Fuck you.

The other class had a really good teacher.. He taught up 'til summer holidays and let my class come to his lessons too. But then he got a brain tumor :( He's okay now though, not returning to school

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
thank god my mums a maths teacher and was able to help me if i needed it.
enough said.

HSC
My teacher is no doubt the worst teacher that actually tries to teach.
Bitch.
I'll fucking hunt you down and smash your car you fuck.
Yeah that's right Ms. Yellowlees, I hope you're reading this.
You made my Maths life in Year 12 hell. Learn to teach.

Worst part is, the bitch quit her previous job (actuary I think) that paid over double what she gets now. She always wanted to teach or something.
Fuck you.

The other class had a really good teacher.. He taught up 'til summer holidays and let my class come to his lessons too. But then he got a brain tumor :( He's okay now though, not returning to school
+1
edit: +repped

Last edited:

buildabridge

HSC
I love my maths teacher. She's seriously the most dedicated teacher in the whole school.
All of the maths teachers at my school are good. I guess we're lucky to have qualified teachers.

LordPc

HSC
I too had a great maths teacher, but the rest of the maths teachers at my school were quite poor. and as mentioned in the article, one of the maths teachers at my school was just put in charge of a math class, despite not being a math teacher.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I too had a great maths teacher, but the rest of the maths teachers at my school were quite poor. and as mentioned in the article, one of the maths teachers at my school was just put in charge of a math class, despite not being a math teacher.
lol, which teacher was that?

Wyes

HSC
We had ONE maths teacher who could actually teach, and he was only there for a few years. Our school's average maths mark in years 11 & 12 is around the 30% mark, for both general and 2 unit.

LordPc

HSC
lol, which teacher was that?
this teacher told a small number of us about this in confidence so I cant exactly name and shame them. but they teach the standard math classes in the junior years, so if you did MX2, it is unlikely that this teacher ever taught you

now that I think about it I can recall a 3 other teachers who were teaching classes they shouldnt have. lol

budi tan

HSC
my maths teacher, i cant say it by words, she is just a model figure to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)