Newstart allowance question (1 Viewer)

dyara15

HSC
Hi,
After finishing uni last year, I have been on newstart allowance since mid Dec. I haven't been working until the last 2 weeks, and I have accumulated a total of $2200. I have $1000 working credit, and tomorrow is the reporting date. I have only been working as a casual for those $2200 and don't know how much I will earn the next few weeks. Does anyone know what will happen, that is, have i earned enough to not be eligible for newstart anymore even though im unsure what work will be like for the next few weeks. Thanks

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
What ever you have earned up till tomorrow should be reported i thought.

dyara15

HSC
What ever you have earned up till tomorrow should be reported i thought.
That is correct, but is it worth coming in to report it if payments will stop either way cause of how much I have earned. Will the future payments stop because of how much I have earned in this 2 week cycle even though I am without a permanent job?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Failure to report could incur a 8 week ban from CL benefits.

dyara15

HSC
What I am trying to say is that I know that payments will stop if i fail to come in & report, hence I am asking have I earned enough, even if i come in to report, to stop future payments from coming in. If so, they will automatically stop giving me payments, whether or not i come in to report.

bdude

HSC
What I am trying to say is that I know that payments will stop if i fail to come in & report, hence I am asking have I earned enough, even if i come in to report, to stop future payments from coming in. If so, they will automatically stop giving me payments, whether or not i come in to report.
But as SnowFox said, failure to report can result in an 8-week ban and might look bad on your account. Since you're casual, then there's no guarantee that next fortnight or the one after you will earn any money.

dyara15

HSC
This fortnight (reporting on Wed) - approx. projected total to Wed will be $1200
Last fortnight - approx. $2200
From mid Dec till 'last fortnight' - $0

I am still a casual, however my question is how much longer will I keep getting $132 if I keep earning say $1200 every fortnight for the next 2 months (if I theoretically am working and getting that much for the next 2 months that is)? I don't know whether I will be working next week etc however when will they stop cutting my payments all together? Is it after I start earning a certain amount for a certain duration of time? Or is it once I accumulate a certain amount of $$$?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)