nexttttt (1 Viewer)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
He's confused. No worries. He'll figure out.

Along capillary (AGAIN!):

RBC gives off O2

CO2 is transferred to blood plasma

wastes are released (by cells)

glucose and essential minerals are absorbed. (by cells)

What else?

B

bekmay

AvieT said:
everything is off the top of my head......*idiot*

• as blood moves along the capillary it looses oxygen
  • picks up carbon dioxide.
  • .......................................................i think thats it??
  • LOL if you really wanted to, you could talk about what would happen if the capillary got cut, and then blood came out...
so yeah thoes are the two, i think.
hahah WTH? LOL random.

boony3

HSC
sorry guys im confusing you all! see i got no ideaa haha
ok i will read firstly what you wrote about dna replication then i got to figure out this protein synthesis, im confused on both but thats ok

AvieT

HSC
N/A
imqt said:
GUYS WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DNA REPLICATION AND PROTEIN SYNTHESIS? like purpose, wheres its made etc
off the top of my head......as usual...
  • DNA replication is the replication of genetic material, such as sprem or eggs, or it can be replication of muscle cells etc, happens in mitosis, not sure where.
  • protien synthesis is mRNA and tRNA and all that, the production of a polypeptide, that goes onto become a protien. this occurs within a cell, and polypeptide then moves out of the cell to where its needed???
i apologize if im wrong.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Aldosterone helpds absorb Na+ and hence water by osmosis. More of this decreased urine volume.

ADH helps reabsorp water, more of this, again, smaller volume of urine.

Crap. Where do these two act again?

dolbinau

HSC
lil-monkey said:
what do Aldosterone and ADH do to the urine concentration?
An increase in either causes urine to be more concentrated.

But for different reasons, ADH = reabsorption of water so directly controls concentration of urine

Aldosterone = Reabsorption of Sodium, but as this happens water is also reabsorbed so it indirectly controls concentration of urine.

AvieT

HSC
N/A
bekmay said:
hahah WTH? LOL random.
well, im just considering thoes for which bio doesnt count.....
And UnderMySkin, are you saying IM confused? cause im an a bit confusion...haha.

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
Undermyskin said:
Aldosterone helpds absorb Na+ and hence water by osmosis. More of this decreased urine volume.

ADH helps reabsorp water, more of this, again, smaller volume of urine.

Crap. Where do these two act again?

Aldosterone usually the distal tubules, and proximal tubules
ADH collecting ducts and distal tubules ?

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
whats the difference between PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AND DNA REPLICATION? im still confused =(

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
AvieT I think you're lolz. Probably you're having a manic attack due to some sort of epilepsy-like problem. You start babbling "from the top of your head". So recommend you take some drink, have a rest for 5 mins before resuming the revision.

DNA replication is for mitosis.

Protein synthesis involves RNA, ribosome and aminoacids to produce, well, polypeptides.

Jt2008

Black Cat
HSC
Nothofagus gunnii [FONT=LBFGK P+ Times,Times]is a deciduous beech tree that grows in Tasmania. When environmental temperatures decrease at the beginning of winter the beech tree drops its leaves.

Design a procedure, using potted beech seedlings, to investigate the temperature at which leaves begin to drop.

How would you vary the temperature...any suggestions...using ovens, incubators, lol i dont know...
[/FONT]

4 MARKS

B

bekmay

lil-monkey said:
what do Aldosterone and ADH do to the urine concentration?
It depends on the concentration of the blood as to whether the adrenal gland and hypothalamus release these.
Aldosterone=responds to sodium concentration. receptor cells detect low or high levels of sodium in the blood, and stimulate the adrenal cortex to administor more or less aldosterone. this regulates reabsorption of sodium ions from loop of henle and the distal tubule.
ADH=high or low levels of water in the blood sensed by receptors in the hypothalamus. causes release of ADH from pituitary gland. targets collecting ducts of kidney tubules, so that the permiability of the duct membranes to water are increased.
YAY. oh and mention the feedback mechanism so as to maintain homeostasis.

lil-monkey

HSC
dolbinau said:
An increase in either causes urine to be more concentrated.

But for different reasons, ADH = reabsorption of water so directly controls concentration of urine

Aldosterone = Reabsorption of Sodium, but as this happens water is also reabsorbed so it indirectly controls concentration of urine.

so the concentration of urine incresees inboth cases due to the reduce amount of volume????[according to undermyskin]
is that right?

AvieT

HSC
N/A
Undermyskin said:
AvieT I think you're lolz. Probably you're having a manic attack due to some sort of epilepsy-like problem. You start babbling "from the top of your head". So recommend you take some drink, have a rest for 5 mins before resuming the revision.

DNA replication is for mitosis.

Protein synthesis involves RNA, ribosome and aminoacids to produce, well, polypeptides.

well.......I'm kinda gettin stuff right.....lol. it not my fault im so overjoyed that maths is over.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Jt2008, yours is one of my questions, so let's do it. LOLZ, you want to fry or boil them? Yummy!

Heaters and air conditioners, I suppose.

Well, set up groups of them (about 5 to 10), put each into a fixed temperature. Observe changes, reduce the temperature every 2 to 3 days. Observe. That's all I can think of. We can use fans to blow hot air in, yeah?

lil: basically, they act to decrease the volumes, definitely. Just that the amounts of them in blood regulate how much water is reabsorbed and in turn, how much is excreted.

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
ok im gonna call the advice line

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
imqt said:
whats the difference between PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AND DNA REPLICATION? im still confused =(
DNA replication replicates DNA. So one strand of DNA is replicated producing two strands that are identical to each other and the original DNA. This occurs before meiosis and mitosis

1 strand DNA ---> 2 strands DNA

Protein synthesis is where an active gene in DNA codes for the production of a specific polypeptite. I cbf going into the whole process but it is transcription and translation

Active gene in DNA ---> protein

nasralla

HSC
pleasee help... Social and political influences on theories of evolution???
guys dont hesitate to ask me anything ive done my far share of study..

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
midifile said:
DNA replication replicates DNA. So one strand of DNA is replicated producing two strands that are identical to each other and the original DNA. This occurs before meiosis and mitosis

1 strand DNA ---> 2 strands DNA

Protein synthesis is where an active gene in DNA codes for the production of a specific polypeptite. I cbf going into the whole process but it is transcription and translation

Active gene in DNA ---> protein

oh ok thanks 4 clearing some things up....and DNA REPLICATION occurs in the nucleus, while PROTEIN SYNTHESIS occurs in ribosomes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)