Ngyuen's Execution (1 Viewer)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
grr this is so sad... this guys going to be executed in like a few days time...

I don' get what people get out of such executions... i mean us as humans srsly don't have the right to kill someone just like that. Life and death is in God's hands :(

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I'm sorry, you seem to lack any reason why he shouldn't be executed.

2 Dea

HSC
Xayma said:
I'm sorry, you seem to lack any reason why he shouldn't be executed.
Well, if you want to get into legalities then life is considered a fundamental human right by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. But this is not enforceable as the principle of state sovereignty declares that there is no higher power than the government of a nation. Which pretty much means that you dont have to abide by international laws, and that a government can do whatever it wants in its own country.

Personally I think that it is a sad thing that someone has to die, but he knew the risks and he took them. He was unfortunate enough to get caught and so now he has to follow the law of Singapore which has the death penalty as a punishment for drug trfficking.

lawforever

HSC
No one has right to break the law. If he does, government can have the right to take his life in some extreme cases and unfortunately he committed one of the most intolerant crimes under singporean laws.

If he got caught in Korean or China he will be executed as well. As far as I remember, drug trafficker with amount greater than 50 g will receieve death sentence in China.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
If singapore was serious about stopping drugs they would pull out of Burma, the region's largest exporter of the drug.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
how scary would it be to get hung. theres a possiblity that he wont die straight away becuase the fall wont break his neck and he'll die slowly sufficating.

i read that a few days ago , the executor of the hanging was measuring him, to get the right size of the rope needed for the event.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
i read that a few days ago , the executor of the hanging was measuring him, to get the right size of the rope needed for the event.
yep according to the Sydney Morning Herald, the guy, Darshan Singh is coming over to him on Thursday to take all the measurements and stuff, and yeh that guys around 70 or so old, and has made eight hundred and fifty something executions in his 46 year old career... how brutal!!

cloud7

HSC
N/A
perfectionist said:
yep according to the Sydney Morning Herald, the guy, Darshan Singh is coming over to him on Thursday to take all the measurements and stuff, and yeh that guys around 70 or so old, and has made eight hundred and fifty something executions in his 46 year old career... how brutal!!
I have heard quite a couple of drug cases these year, corby, leslie, bali9 and this vietnamaustralian guy, all from Australia. :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
lawforever said:
No one has right to break the law. If he does, government can have the right to take his life...
i'm undecided on the death penalty, but i do not think governments have the "right" to take someone's life legally.

the right to live, if we call it that, is such a fundamentally-entrenched right and i do not think, at least in countries with a common law legal system, it can/ought to be abrogated by statute. notwithstanding the US states with the death penalty of course.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
I really don't think the state should ever have the power to take one of it's citizens lives. That gives the state alot of power...well the ultimate power.

lawforever

HSC
erawamai said:
I really don't think the state should ever have the power to take one of it's citizens lives. That gives the state alot of power...well the ultimate power.
well the condition to have such power is when the citizen breaks the laws severely. This means if you are a good person then no one has power to kill you.

HSC
I do believe in the death penalty for serious crimes. I don't consider possessing a few hundred grams of heroin to be a serious enough crime to be given death.. I consider a serious crime to be a crime that impairs another’s life as a direct result of committing the act which has been deemed an offence. "Possessing" heroin never killed anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)