nice guys finish last (1 Viewer)

-Ego

HSC
Are you kidding me?? Nice guys DO finish last. No matter how attractive you are, if a girl is hitting on you and the "nice guy" keeps acting nice, the girl will quickly loose interest and move on to another guy. That's a given.

Doesn't matter if your good looking or not, it's how you play the game. Go to a popular coffee shop, look around. Some good looking girls are either with a group of friends or alone, sometimes single. Smirk a little, smile towards her. Body language is the key and if you know how to use it, you can pick up almost any women.

Looking Glass

HSC
I just googled those and the results made me lol. How you treat women isnt about suduction. There is nothing wrong with being friends with females, but if you are going to give signals that you are their friend, and act like a friend and speak to them like a friend why would you be surprised when they are only interested in you as a friend?
Perhaps their idea of what would constitute the perfect romantic relationship is in fact a friendship that is taken to some next level.

Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

Unless, of course, we were talking about fucking here, rather than real relationships. In which case I would understand your comment.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Perhaps their idea of what would constitute the perfect romantic relationship is in fact a friendship that is taken to some next level.

Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

Unless, of course, we were talking about fucking here, rather than real relationships. In which case I would understand your comment.
So you basically lie to women and act like their friend as a strategy to later pick them up? hows that workin for ya?

nobody is saying that friendships cant turn into something more, but a friendship is something completly different to a romantic relationship....if you are becoming friends with girls with the expectation that this will lead to a relationship you will fail, but you are also wronging them...its a false friendship and you need to learn how to have legitimate friendships with women with no intention of it going anywhere else.

I dont know how else to say this, but basically a real female friend you should see as just a friend with no chance of it going anywhere else at all, if you then have other acquaintances that you are interested in and act friendly with thats ok, but a real solid and true friendship with a female wont form unless you are commited to not crossing that boundry. Just remember who your real friends are and dont confuse them as a target.

Brontecat

HSC
im actually the opposite and prefer the nice guys, i just tend not to like those who are fully superficial

...and i am NOT ugly

TheJuggernaut

HSC
im actually the opposite and prefer the nice guys, i just tend not to like those who are fully superficial

...and i am NOT ugly
sooo, whats your msn? i can provide references for my niceness :D

edit: even if the references are fake

Last edited:

Looking Glass

HSC
So you basically lie to women and act like their friend as a strategy to later pick them up? hows that workin for ya?

nobody is saying that friendships cant turn into something more, but a friendship is something completly different to a romantic relationship....if you are becoming friends with girls with the expectation that this will lead to a relationship you will fail, but you are also wronging them...its a false friendship and you need to learn how to have legitimate friendships with women with no intention of it going anywhere else.

I dont know how else to say this, but basically a real female friend you should see as just a friend with no chance of it going anywhere else at all, if you then have other acquaintances that you are interested in and act friendly with thats ok, but a real solid and true friendship with a female wont form unless you are commited to not crossing that boundry. Just remember who your real friends are and dont confuse them as a target.
You seem to be responding to the statement that "the sole function of friendships is to act as a springboard to romantic relationships". I'm not sure why you quoted me in your response, because this is certainly not something I ever said.

The spirit of my argument was more like this:
Friendships represent an establishment of trust, loyalty, understanding, emotional resonance, - things of that nature - between two people. I don't know about you, but I would like to think that if I were engaged in a romantic relationship with someone, some of these words could be use to describe it. Otherwise, to use your own words, this would represent a "false" relationship. Surely, a romantic partner would have some of the qualities of a friend. That is, I expect all romantic relationships to have elements of friendship. This is different to expecting all friendships to have romantic elements, as you seem to have interpreted it. Clearly, I haven't forged friendships with people of the same gender for romantic purposes. If you think friendships are "completely different" to romantic relationships, then I'm not entirely sure how meaningful romantic relationships could be to you. Rather quaint coming from someone accusing people he doesn't know of only being interested in sex.

Last edited:

samthebear

HSC
Someone was saying earlier about confidence...

I'm one of those guys who didn't get left out in highschool... and that's the thing... confidence is attractive. Not arrogance or cockiness, but confidence. The reason why "nice guys" finish last is because they're like "well she likes Billy, so I'll let her be with Billy because that makes her happy, and I'm a soppy pathetic cunt with a dick the size of a pencil stub and testicles the size of peas."...

Ok that may have been a ridiculous, gross-overexageration and generalisation.

But the one thing that a lot of my female friends over the years have told me is that they want to date men, not boys. And generally the "nice guys" in high school come across as kinda pathetic and weak... nice and great to be around, but having the same strength as themselves. And from what I've gathered (I of course may be wrong), while girls don't generally like to be submissive, they do like strength.

My advice to "your friend" is to man up.
+1
he speaks the truth!

Teclis, I'd +repp you but apprently i cant b/c of some gay "must spread repp 'round" before +repping again. meh.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
You seem to be responding to the statement that "the sole function of friendships is to act as a springboard to romantic relationships". I'm not sure why you quoted me in your response, because this is certainly not something I ever said.

The spirit of my argument was more like this:
Friendships represent an establishment of trust, loyalty, understanding, emotional resonance, - things of that nature - between two people. I don't know about you, but I would like to think that if I were engaged in a romantic relationship with someone, some of these words could be use to describe it. Otherwise, to use your own words, this would represent a "false" relationship. Surely, a romantic partner would have some of the qualities of a friend. That is, I expect all romantic relationships to have elements of friendship. This is different to expecting all friendships to have romantic elements, as you seem to have interpreted it. Clearly, I haven't forged friendships with people of the same gender for romantic purposes. If you think friendships are "completely different" to romantic relationships, then I'm not entirely sure how meaningful romantic relationships could be to you. Rather quaint coming from someone accusing people he doesn't know of only being interested in sex.
Ok well thats a bit different, if you honnestly make a genuine attempt at friendship and end up falling in love with them then thats a lot different to persuing a friendship with the plans or a hope that it will develop into something more.

I still think that there are fundamental differences between a relationship and a true friendship that make it really hard to successfully convert a strong, true friendship into a mutually rewarding friendship but that might just be me. You are saying that my relationships cant be very rewarding because i make such a distinction between the two, but i think its the opposite, my friendships are highly rewarding because from the start boundries are set and theres no confusion, and my romantic relationships stem from strangers or friends of friends so from the outset its different.

Maybe i am scared, like to me it seems like only a few really good friendships come along in your life, and i dont want to risk ruining those with having a relationship then it not working out or whatever, like yay now ive just lost one of the few friends i actually trust completely!

it just seems like a bad idea to use your friend pool for relationships when its allready pretty small, and a relationship is something new anyway so you might as well fish in the much bigger pool of strangers

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
You must be very ugly, pimply, nerdy and fat.

We go for older guys (well me anyway...) because they are at the maturity level that we are at. At 17, the male brain is still like 7 year old.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You must be very ugly, pimply, nerdy and fat.

We go for older guys (well me anyway...) because they are at the maturity level that we are at. At 17, the male brain is still like 7 year old.
Nah, girls are just as immature. Each demographic just does different things in the effort to cover it up.

Looking Glass

HSC
Ok well thats a bit different, if you honnestly make a genuine attempt at friendship and end up falling in love with them then thats a lot different to persuing a friendship with the plans or a hope that it will develop into something more.

I still think that there are fundamental differences between a relationship and a true friendship that make it really hard to successfully convert a strong, true friendship into a mutually rewarding friendship but that might just be me. You are saying that my relationships cant be very rewarding because i make such a distinction between the two, but i think its the opposite, my friendships are highly rewarding because from the start boundries are set and theres no confusion, and my romantic relationships stem from strangers or friends of friends so from the outset its different.

Maybe i am scared, like to me it seems like only a few really good friendships come along in your life, and i dont want to risk ruining those with having a relationship then it not working out or whatever, like yay now ive just lost one of the few friends i actually trust completely!

it just seems like a bad idea to use your friend pool for relationships when its allready pretty small, and a relationship is something new anyway so you might as well fish in the much bigger pool of strangers
There is sense in what you say. I was just a little thrown off by the "completely different" thing. It's also possible that some people tend to cultivate relationships from friendships by virtue of having gotten to know their friend quite well (and hence having more to be attracted to), and possibly because of the things friends tend to share over the years, the trust that is developed etc.

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
nice guys don't finish last

ugly guys that are nice because theyre so ugly and don't have much else going for them finish last
i dont reckon,

ive seen some decent looking dudes fail miserably at women due to being nice

although nice isnt even the real word for what is being described in this thread

its just like, dont be a faggot

HalcyonSky

HSC
ya but you probably have wittiness and charm and originality to go with it

you're not like,

can i buy u another drink pleas

wow u r beautiful u hav beauitful eyes omg bet no1 has told u that befor lol

can i c u tomorrow we can coffee or whatever lets jus have a nice chat ill add u on msn tonight okay and text you as soon as i get home to check up if ur okay then agen in the morning lol cuz i wont b able to stop thinking bout u then comment u on facebook and change my relationship status

its like, they just do generic nice things, and have no individual identity that they convey to the girl except that theyre 'nice', so the girl is just not interested at all in a sexual or even an emotional level

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)