Nintendo DS or PSP?? (1 Viewer)

alien

HSC
lol that's because they have no lives. "lets go to the shops and play games cos we have nothing to else to do" :p

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
I got my DS today from dicksmith, + free case and stuffs

I also bought mario

and bought zoo keeper from ebay

Mr Driller, i will prolly buy from ebay as well

Now, i already bought metroid hunters non-demo but have to wait another 5 months for it to shop in. Damn.

BUT THE DS is so kool. The games are so cheapish compared to the coming PSP

S

Sheehan :)

Get An Ngage............heaps Of Great Games Comming Out To Counter Act On The Ds And P2p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Vangineer said:
I got my DS today from dicksmith, + free case and stuffs

I also bought mario

and bought zoo keeper from ebay

Mr Driller, i will prolly buy from ebay as well

Now, i already bought metroid hunters non-demo but have to wait another 5 months for it to shop in. Damn.

BUT THE DS is so kool. The games are so cheapish compared to the coming PSP
argh! i got mine on wednesday and no games were out then... so ive only got the metriod preview one... how much were games?

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
ah yes, games are out now,
very cheap from Kmart - they are selling games for only 58 dollars

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
PSP aint out yet, no idea about the costs at EB and stuff,
but from

www.quantronics.com.au , they sell PSP games for 100 dollars. Also, theres a rip off shop in market city that sells PSP games for 140 dollars and DS games for 120 dollars.

PSP games from importer king www.burn.com.au are about 120 dollars.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Wow it is to an old thread. Well since I know a PSP I would have to say PSP simply because of graphics, quality game, battery life etc and it's a Sony product and they don't seem to let their consoles die for a few years anyway.

I have played my Dad's Nintendo DS and it just doesn't compare with the PSP he even agree and went and bought a PSP. If your still into Mario and all those type of games then the DS for sure but if you want more 'hardcore' games then the PSP although if budjet is tight then the DS will always win.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
I like the PSP as a hardware but the game lineup sucks! Mostly consist of racing games and dumb- downed PS2 ports

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
I much prefer the PSP, the power and the range of games is much better than those of the DS (Who's current lineup I find too insultingly 'kiddy' to ever care). I will buy a PSP at some point for both movies and games, hopefully a proper version of MGS will be made for it.

I will also buy a DS, assuming that the version of Jagged Alliance 2 currently under development for DS comes out, along with maybe a new version of C&C (just me hoping).

iwannarock

HSC
personally im gonna save up for a DS.

i have an xbox. most of the games available for PSP i can play on xbox.

psp is too expensive for me.

i wouldn't use it to watchmovies.

i wouldnt play any games on it, simply because i dont like any of the games on it/already own the games on my xbox.

when i look for a handheld i dont want a portable console. thats not the point. all i see on psp is ports from consoles. i don't see many unique games for it (maybe Lumines or GTA:LS)

DS has tonnes of games made specifically for it. and the touchscreen has made it possible for plenty of unique games to be made. basically i just wanna get a DS and mario kart and the wifi USB connector and play mario kart online all day.

i've never played a DS but i've played a PSP. maybe if i didnt have a tonne of games on the xbox i'd want a PSP but.

this is just my personal opinion, obviously i can see why a lot of people will choose the PSP because they want to use it for movies and/or like the games on it but not me.

P

pLuvia

The PSP is too expensive, and it's too much like a normal gameboy :p but the DS is different, using it like a handheld thing, it has variety

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
pLuvia said:
The PSP is too expensive, and it's too much like a normal gameboy :p but the DS is different, using it like a handheld thing, it has variety
I dont get the DS's touchscreen/stylus option.

There are a few uses that make it interesting, bu some of them mean the stylus scratches the crap out of the screen after a while, for an example, look at any DS with a stylus used in a store for public use.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
M-turkey said:
the stylus scratches the crap out of the screen after a while, for an example, look at any DS with a stylus used in a store for public use.
Well of course the screen's going to be all scratched if hundreds of people have tried it out at the store. :rolleyes:
My friend said that if you touch lightly, there should be minimal scratching or no scratching at all if your dexterity is high. XD

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Hanzo said:
my friends selling a PSP for $280 if n e ones interested...
$280? is there anything else included? like game, memory stick or just the psp? i am kind of interested.
from the chinese new year money i recevied, i am deciding weather to get an ipod nano, video or psp lol

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
psp can play music too.. and you can get a 1 gig card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)