No math (1 Viewer)

Swagiel_

HSC
Is there anyone here that has acquired a 80 + ATAR by not doing math?

crowley926

HSC
Lmao don't worry you don't need to do maths to get a good atar. It's been done before and it will keep being done. And it's not like these were one-off cases either.

Drevikovsky is one example as previously mentioned but there are scores of others. There's a girl who graduated last year and is going to Cambridge (you might have seen her essay guides online) who did no maths and got 99.7. I've been told of other people in my school who got 99.95 as well without maths. There's about 5 of us in my grade who don't do any maths and pretty sure we're all estimated to get above 90+.

Seriously though it's cliche but it doesn't really matter what subjects you do - you just have to do well in them.

astroman

HSC
OP this is a stupid post, did you ever consider people that go ruse and wanna get into law? They have subjects like these:

ENG EXT 1
ENG EXT 2
Economics
Chemistry
Legal

ENG EXT 1
ENG EXT 2
Economics
Latin
Chinese Cont
Chinese EXT

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Lots of my friends, who either didn't do mathematics to start with or dropped it or it did end up counting.

braintic

HSC
N/A
There are LOTS of people who could do really well at Ext 2 maths, but who drop maths altogether because their other subjects are even better.
They typically get very good ATARS.

Last edited:

vitamin D

HSC
Is there anyone here that has acquired a 80 + ATAR by not doing math?
any subject, good scaling or not will result in 90+ if you excel in it, and like what whacky said possibly 99s. Don't be fooled into the idea you need physics 3u ect for a certain mark. You can get any mark with nearly any subject given you do well in them! hope that helps.

falances

HSC
Everyone in my school who does not do maths always ends up doing fine and gets an atar of well above 80! In fact, the DUX of my school for the past 5 years or something all got 99.95 without maths! I'm not doing maths either and my atar goal is 98+ so you should be fine ! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)