No Money in Law !? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaBeLaw

HSC
I dunno how people can be saying humanities is easy. The amount of books/research you need to do for some professors is unbelievable.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
u find reading books/looking for sources hard? :S

HSC
N/A
I dunno how people can be saying humanities is easy. The amount of books/research you need to do for some professors is unbelievable.
are you the person who wants to do law for the $$$$?

hahaha.
have fun in legal research.

fsal

HSC
My father is a civil engineer- senior project manager... he doesnt drive a clubsport unfortunately.

In my opinion, you can make a good earning in most career fields so long as you know what you are doing and are driven by success. To those who say Law isnt intellectually challenging with no coherent arguements can Jam themselves up the ass with whatever txtbook they use in their "intellectually" challenging degree, because trust me it is difficult to complete a law degree.

WannaBeLaw

HSC
finance seems like the best course for high pay and easy work.

i know guys studying finance who do hardly anything and they'll be looking at $70k straight out of uni next year. they're not even bright guys. average IQ, but who cares? they'll be the ones making lots of money in great work environments.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
finance seems like the best course for high pay and easy work.

i know guys studying finance who do hardly anything and they'll be looking at $70k straight out of uni next year. they're not even bright guys. average IQ, but who cares? they'll be the ones making lots of money in great work environments.
lol

cuz money > everything huh

WannaBeLaw

HSC
btw if engineering is so great and well respected why are there so little jobs out there for engineers?

do engineering if you want to be lining up at the unemployment queue.

Franman

HSC
N/A
btw if engineering is so great and well respected why are there so little jobs out there for engineers?

I can also make unsubstantiated claims.

L

LightningXT

australia is fked up thats why. look at the us and japan plenty of jobs for engineers there. australia's economy is primarily based on the resources industry unlike other nations and more reliant on commerce.

Franman

HSC
N/A
australia is fked up thats why. look at the us and japan plenty of jobs for engineers there. australia's economy is primarily based on the resources industry unlike other nations and more reliant on commerce.
Oh hi, I'm a mining engineer.

L

LightningXT

i dont see law as a very productive discipline. it simply maintains the status quo. engineering is a dynamic field where new things are happening and being created all the time.
not dissing law but i dont view it as more important than engineering.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

HAAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

WOW

just

wow

What salary can I expect?
Graduate starting salary $51,887
Will I get a job?
Percentage of graduates looking for job who did not find full time work four months after graduation 11%
Where graduates go when they do get jobs:
Public sector 13%
Private sector 53%
Private practice 26%
Overseas 7%

http://www.gooduniguide.com.au/ratings/fos/13/UG

mind you this is just engineering and technology, i haven't narrowed it down.

89% full time employment rate is pretty shit aye

Last edited:

Franman

HSC
N/A
mining engineers earn more than the others. my point
hi :)
sup. I don't see how that proves your point because you said that since Australia has a large resources industry it somehow means that there are poor career prospects for engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)