No Money in Law !? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Law is for the morally depraved, the things some do just to get there money, and the scum that some of them defend, i could never live with that.

WannaBeLaw

HSC
HAAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

WOW

just

wow

What salary can I expect?
Graduate starting salary $51,887
Will I get a job?
Percentage of graduates looking for job who did not find full time work four months after graduation 11%
Where graduates go when they do get jobs:
Public sector 13%
Private sector 53%
Private practice 26%
Overseas 7%

kernel (1) | The Good Universities Guide

mind you this is just engineering and technology, i haven't narrowed it down.

89% full time employment rate is pretty shit aye
i can't access that link.

is it necessary to sign up to see pay scales? i'd be really interested to see it.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i can't access that link.

is it necessary to sign up to see pay scales? i'd be really interested to see it.
yeah you gotta sign up but unfortunately they don't give specific pay scales for engineering ( for each discipline that is)

i recall law being around 55k graduate.

is money really that big an issue to you tat your'e willing to undergo law to get it?

i simply cannot imagine doing something i hate for 'money'

WannaBeLaw

HSC
yeah you gotta sign up but unfortunately they don't give specific pay scales for engineering ( for each discipline that is)

i recall law being around 55k graduate.

is money really that big an issue to you tat your'e willing to undergo law to get it?

i simply cannot imagine doing something i hate for 'money'
i wouldn't do law just for 55k.

i know a few guys who work as plumbers making 75k+

how high was medicine btw?

ptrgrgry

HSC
If I may make a point, some of the science/engineering kids seem weirdly jealous of law students. When you're truly confident with the worth of your field I don't think you have the urge to say things like "law is pointless" and "law is for the morally deprived". Seriously, some people have different interests - now get the fuck over it!

Why would you be jealous of law students? (you might ask):
Politicians, lawyers, economists (etc) hold the power in our society. Please don't try to rebuke that statement because you will embarass yourself.

I'm not trying to undermine your discipline. I personally think math is incredibly beautiful and sophisticated. I just think it would be a lot 'bigger' of you if you would attempt to appreciate the gifts of others. Haven't you ever read a book that made you say "fuck, that was beautiful!"? At times I say "fuck, I wanna make out with Euler!" because his formulae are so goddamn sexy!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
If I may make a point, some of the science/engineering kids seem weirdly jealous of law students. When you're truly confident with the worth of your field I don't think you have the urge to say things like "law is pointless" and "law is for the morally deprived". Seriously, some people have different interests - now get the fuck over it!

Why would you be jealous of law students? (you might ask):
Politicians, lawyers, economists (etc) hold the power in our society. Please don't try to rebuke that statement because you will embarass yourself.

I'm not trying to undermine your discipline. I personally think math is incredibly beautiful and sophisticated. I just think it would be a lot 'bigger' of you if you would attempt to appreciate the gifts of others. Haven't you ever read a book that made you say "fuck, that was beautiful!"? At times I say "fuck, I wanna make out with Euler!" because his formulae are so goddamn sexy!
im more curious as to why you know about euler and stuff but didn't choose mx2

like, not trolling but genuinely curious

ptrgrgry

HSC
I know about Euler because my girlfriend does MX2 (she's still hot btw), and I DEEPLY regret not choosing it. For the record, I'm totally flogging all the MX1 kids in mathematics (not bragging). At my school they sort of discouraged us from taking up both extensions in year 11 - so I just chose English Ext.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I know about Euler because my girlfriend does MX2 (she's still hot btw), and I DEEPLY regret not choosing it. For the record, I'm totally flogging all the MX1 kids in mathematics (not bragging). At my school they sort of discouraged us from taking up both extensions in year 11 - so I just chose English Ext.
ah fair enough

lol @ 'shes still hot'

we went on a trip to uts for 4unit kids only and my god there were some fuckin hot chicks.

shulda chose it, wonderful course.

biomolecule

HSC
Law is for the morally depraved, the things some do just to get there money, and the scum that some of them defend, i could never live with that.
because society is perfect?
if noone defends or represent the 'scums' then thats called injustice. everyone has a right to be represented.
such bigotry suggesting law is for the morally depraved.

L

LightningXT

sup. I don't see how that proves your point because you said that since Australia has a large resources industry it somehow means that there are poor career prospects for engineers.
I never said it was poor, I just said it wasn't as good as law. It doesn't pay as well as law either. I still reckon it's a better subject than law though.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Lol an engineers having no job prospects.
There are so many checkout chicks with law degree's coz they can't find jobs.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
rofl was at the dentist today and a girl walked out (she was fkn smokin btw) and was talking to the dentist

full had that arrogant tone 'WELL HEHE DATS WUT I GET FOR CHOOSING A HARD DEGREE LIKE LAW'

i lol'd

shuttle_bus5

HSC
rofl was at the dentist today and a girl walked out (she was fkn smokin btw) and was talking to the dentist

full had that arrogant tone 'WELL HEHE DATS WUT I GET FOR CHOOSING A HARD DEGREE LIKE LAW'

i lol'd
I dun think id be able to handle having a hot dentist.
shed stick her finger in my mouth and id blow.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I dun think id be able to handle having a hot dentist.
shed stick her finger in my mouth and id blow.
dentist wasn't hot, law girl was a patient.

and yeah my god, if my dentist had huge bewbs and everything imagine her leaning over n shit to play with ur teeth

gomgogmmoasjkdha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)