No Money in Law !? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Haha, no, it was 9 hours of day with the rest as work!
At least, that's what I thought "work breaks" was.
That's less good, but still not that bad in the short-run. The only place where you'd consistently work those hours would be in investment banking, where you get paid for it...

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
9 hour days is only 45 hours a week. That's really not that much time at the office. I'm surprised many law firms have 'sleeping areas' but I believe they're fairly common in IB.

One of the lawyers where I worked over the summer used to keep a sleeping bag and a bedroll under his desk. He was a pretty hard dude.
Well he must've been a very hard dude because everyone I worked with in IB never had something like that under their desk. Think that guy needs to get out more (really).

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Why can't people have respect for areas of study other than their own! This thread was about the money in law, another was asking if law was hard, ffs no one said that engineering or anything was easy. Saying that one thing is hard, doesn't mean something else is easy.

Coming into the law forum just to bag us all out is just petty and immature. Validate your existence someother way. I am not going to tollerate personal an petty attacks. I don't come into the engineering forum and tell you that your discpline is easy or worthless (and I don't believe others do either) so have some respect.

If you want to continue this, do it via PM. Get the thread on topic or I will close it.

Oh and for the record I am working on Construction and Engineering and most of the engineers I have met are lovely people and don't have chips on their shoulders like certain people in this thread. Both the lawyers and the engineers respect eachother for what they do.

lol, maybe because it actually isn't, i know a ton of people that like struggle to pass arts or some shit, they wouldn't last a week in engineering, i could pass an arts/ law degree easy, i might not get a very good mark because i dont have the best writting in the world and have no real desire to spend whole semesters making the "ultimate essay" to memorise for the final exam , but i could pass it none the less, the same cannot be said for science

Last edited:

Existential

HSC
N/A
lol, maybe because it actually isn't, i know a ton of people that like struggle to pass arts or some shit, they wouldn't last a week in engineering, i could pass an arts/ law degree easy, i might not get a very good mark because i dont have the best writting in the world and have no real desire to spend whole semesters making the "ultimate essay" to memorise for the final exam , but i could pass it none the less, the same cannot be said for science
the same CAN be said for science.

stop being arrogant and understand that some people are good and bad at certain subjects, some fail full stop and others CAN achieve in many areas.

and people - get back to the topic, which was a discussion on the money in law.
science has no place in this thread.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
the same CAN be said for science.

stop being arrogant and understand that some people are good and bad at certain subjects, some fail full stop and others CAN achieve in many areas.

and people - get back to the topic, which was a discussion on the money in law.
science has no place in this thread.
you think so??, so if i got like 100 arts students and got them to do 1 year of science subjects you think they would pass them all, i dnt think so considering the average intelligence of arts students is WAY less than science students, they all complain with their like what 10 contact hrs a wk, lol science does like 2.5 times that, they wouldnt stand a chance, whereas if we got 100 science students to do arts it would be like a holliday, literally, going from 25hrs --> 10hrs, and all you have to do is memorise essays

Last edited:

shuttle_bus5

HSC
you think so??, so if i got like 100 arts students and got them to do 1 year of science subjects you think they would pass them all, i dnt think so considering the average intelligence of arts students is WAY less than science students, they all complain with their like what 10 contact hrs a wk, lol science does like 2.5 times more than that, they wouldnt stand a chance, whereas if we got 100 science students to do arts it would be like a holliday, literally, going from 25hrs --> 10hrs, and all you have to do is memorise essays
That is so unbelievably true.
I doubt anyone outside a science/eng degree could take on science subjects.
Pretty much everyone can take on a law/arts degree.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
That is so unbelievably true.
I doubt anyone outside a science/eng degree could take on science subjects.
Pretty much everyone can take on a law/arts degree.

finally someone thats not talking out of their ass, bout time someone agreed with me all these noobs do is give me negative rep and ban me because i tell the truth and they cant handle it

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
but guys everyone has their strengths and weaknesses ok

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Ok, dude whatever. It's quiet easy to say somethings is easy when you completely underestimate what it involves. Law students are almost always tested by hypothetical problem questions, I have mfi where you get the idea it is all about memorizing essaays, I never once did that...even in arts. Can't you have a shred of respect for the work of others. I don't pretend to understand what you do, I am sure it us quiet challenging but seriously it's pretty rude to say that people who work
hard don't because you misunderstand the differences in the type work each degree entails

Anyway, this thread is so disrepectful and off topic I am going to close it. Appologies op but some people just can't help themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)