NO OFFENCE but....... (1 Viewer)

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
I've been to the open day at penrith and yesterday i went to do the stat test at Banskstown. So far my impression of the Western Sydney campuses is not too good. I think they are just holes. The actual campuses look shit and the location is shit as well. Which is there best campuse? I'm thinking of checking out the Paramatta campuse because the locations good because i heard its near the shopping centres. Can anyone provide me with links to pictures of the campuse plz cause i couldnt find any on the websites.

ruski_gal

The campuses arent that bad. So ok they arent 5 star swanky places, but u get the same piece of paper at the end of it. Its not like the person employing u after uni is gonna look at what campus u went to and say " this person went to c'town so we arent gonna give her a job, but this person went to parra so she is obviously better".

Personally i think it shouldnt matter where u go except for convienience. Just try to get into where is best for u. Who cares what everyone else thinks of it. Trust me ive been there. Most of my friends went to gong, but i didnt want to drive down there everyday so i went to c'town. They all rub it in my face, but i dont really care :) lol.
just thought id put my 10 cents in, cos no one had replied to u.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Parra is the worst, imo. It has a very eerie feeling to it - it's spooky in daylight, imagine what night would be like.

Maybe it's just me, but going to Uni in an 1800's orphanage that feels just like that, isn't my cup of tea..

But then, i did like Bankstown.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
As long as they have a few sporting facilities, a UniBar and decent people, I'm happy!

great_one_56

Cambelltowns my fav so far. Was goin there but now hopin to go to Penrith. I quite like those campuses. As long as they have me I don't care what they're like. but in reality they all look the same to me Sydney aint that special

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Parra is the worst, imo. It has a very eerie feeling to it - it's spooky in daylight, imagine what night would be like.

Maybe it's just me, but going to Uni in an 1800's orphanage that feels just like that, isn't my cup of tea..
lol .. eerie in the day? ..I've been at uni at 3am..thats when its spooky :uhhuh:
but apparently you shouldn't go behind the library at night (this comes from lecturers) .. it was a mental hospital as well..

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Parra campus i admit isnt that good, lacks of many features, which can be improved. But one thing Parra has the best, teh food :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If you're the type of person that thinks they're too good for my home town (penrith), then I say keep away from my town. I may be planning to go to uni in sydney next year, but there's nothing wrong with penrith. If you didn't mean to be offensive, trust me i'm offended.. It's annoying when uptight rich boys from inner sydney make quick judgements about how much better they are then uws, penrith, western sydney...

Get over yourself, uptight yuppie douche.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
if ur gonna have that sorta attitude maybe u should go to USYD-home of the snobs
So it's okay for you to make comments like this but it's not okay for anyone else?

Hypocrite.

(I don't go to Syd by the way)

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
I just want the unis to be closer. It took me bout 1.5 hours to get to that penrith one. And i just salso want the campuses to be near entertainment areas such as shopping centres etc. Didnt mean to offend anyone.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i went to campbelltown campus yesterday for my RET and it's really nice... there's ducks in the pond as you drive past and the buildings are very modern. if you don't like it, don't choose it!!! in the end it's about personal preference - so some people will like it, some won't... it's just not fair to judge those whose preferences aren't the same as yours.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't think it's right that people can get away with continuously discriminating against me and my community on these forums.
Would they get away with racism? what if they said 'all aboriginals are dumb, cause crime'.... I can imagine what would happen then.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
mate, i had ducks at in the pond at my high school... LOL. and so does Wollongong Uni, come to think of it ;)

And Parra was a mental hospital too?? I'm never going there again......... ;)

Also, does anyone know if Hawkesbury is having a showcase day like they did last year? I really wanna check out the ag facilities and the accommodation.

Cheers!

pwned

Asquithian said:
depends whether the assertions are well founded or not...
so it does... should we take a guess on how well founded most of them are? Personally i'd compare them with the amount of bs that sprouts from you....

klh

HSC
melbournian, why is UWS shit, in your opinion, and we'll try to fix it up.
is it because we dont get as much student intake as usyd?
is it because we haven't been around as long as usyd?
is it because our lecture theatres are better than usyds?

also, who is this "everyone" you are talking about? in your group?
most people at uws think uws isnt shit, the only thing that shits me is when i get a stupid lecturer going on about something i am not interested in.

stop bothering us about uws, we've heard too many times to care...

pwned

melbournian said:
everyone knows UWS is shit. deal with it
Inferiority complex mate?
You should just be glad you're getting a fucking education. If you're always like this then it ain't doing you much good, perhaps you should let someone who deserves a decent education take your spot.

Stop dissing UWS. There ain't nothing wrong with it. If you ain't got anything constructive or intelligent to say then fuck off.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
natstar said:
Maybe ur standards are too high, if ur gonna have that sorta attitude maybe u should go to USYD-home of the snobs
Nat, you always defend your uni when someone attacks it but by calling usyd the home of snobs...it's a little hypocritical. My two cents worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)