no study at all, all holidays ! (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Hiii :)
So i was just wondering, in all honesty, who has done no work these holidays at all ?

Because my holidays began with the ending of my halfies ( as im sure most ppls did ) I just havent been able to do any work.

Everytime i pick up a book or an assgnmnt, my brain is like ' no, not today, try again tmr ' and so i think, okay tomorrow is another day, ill do it tmr. But as it happens, theres only 4 days left, and i havent done any work.

Mind you im aiming for a really high uai, and im in one sense kicking myself, and in another, thinking, eh you needed the break ( I seriously didnt break at all in HSC up till now, just study study study, stress, stress, stress all the time ) so im kinda liking this care free holiday mode.

Anyone else on the same boat ? I guess im looking for some comfort =P

iNerd

Banned
HSC
story of my life

half yearlies first week back
and my brains like
nah
you still got a week left

procrastination 4thewin

omgd.

HSC
N/A
story of my life

half yearlies first week back
and my brains like
nah
you still got a week left

procrastination 4thewin
or maybe ur just really prepared/confident about them :D sometimes, just listening in class goes a long wayyy....... well for me anyway :D

LordPc

HSC
you just had your half yearlies and now you have holidays

if you are doing any work right now then I would be worrying about your english skills, cause you clearly dont know the proper definition of holidays

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Hiii :)
So i was just wondering, in all honesty, who has done no work these holidays at all ?

Because my holidays began with the ending of my halfies ( as im sure most ppls did ) I just havent been able to do any work.

Everytime i pick up a book or an assgnmnt, my brain is like ' no, not today, try again tmr ' and so i think, okay tomorrow is another day, ill do it tmr. But as it happens, theres only 4 days left, and i havent done any work.

Mind you im aiming for a really high uai, and im in one sense kicking myself, and in another, thinking, eh you needed the break ( I seriously didnt break at all in HSC up till now, just study study study, stress, stress, stress all the time ) so im kinda liking this care free holiday mode.

Anyone else on the same boat ? I guess im looking for some comfort =P
+1

I can't study now. The holidays were too short.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Another one here!

And no, I am not very proud =(

Baggygreen408

HSC
a lot of people emphasise the need for continual study and work- but sometimes, doing nothing for a while is the best thing. It provides the break u need, and therefore the motivation to get you through the remainder of the year- there are about 2.5 terms to go of assessments, and exams, including the HSC. Yuneed to relax- don't fell guilty to take some time off- as long as u dont take time off at the wrong times, when u need to put in the hard yards. U dont want to burn out too early in the year.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
i've done no work and no study and no hw . bliss

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Although it's a bit hypocritical of me saying this since I did study these holidays, I find there's nothing wrong with having a break. 2 weeks study isn't gonna make much of a difference, so if you were at a stage where you were burnt out... then there's nothing wrong with not studying.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
i disagree with saying 2 weeks study wont do anything
Let me rephrase that then.
Two weeks won't make too much of an impact on your UAI. If you continuously study throughout the year and take a 2 week break, you'll probably be a lot better off than one who crams in the 2 week holidays and essentially slacks off during the term.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Put me down :(

It feels like i've wasted them
LOL ur in year 11
it doesnt matter !
take this year easy and save your energy + motivation for next year
trust me, thats when you REALLY need it !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)