Noah's Ark found (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
'Noah's Ark' discovery '99.9 percent sure'

Video and pictures have emerged of a wooden structure a group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers claim is Noah's Ark.

The team say they recovered wooden specimens 4000m up Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.

PHOTOS: Mountain 'ark' discovery

"It's not 100 percent that it is Noah's Ark but we think it is 99.9 percent that this is it," Yeung Wing-cheung, a Hong Kong documentary filmmaker and member of the 15-strong team from Noah's Ark Ministries International told AFP.

The structure had several compartments, some with wooden beams, which were believed to house animals, he said.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds that one had never been found above 3500 metres in the vicinity, Yeung said.

Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted, Yeung added.

The biblical story says God decided to flood the earth after seeing how corrupt it had become, and told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain. Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants came aground.
brb church

Garygaz

HSC
Athiests around the world stunned, who's laughing now. Gogo Christians, back to the top!

bazrah

HSC
That makes two really ridiculous stories this week. This one and then Stephen Hawkings warning about how aliens are almost most definately out there and if we run into them they will probably deplete us of all our resources and take over our planet. Someone's been staying up late watching too much Independence Day.

jarkler

HSC
How is the aliens one ridiculous?

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah judging by how our planet is going, by the time we get the technology to travel into deep space we'll have to leave Earth because we'll have shitted all over it. So it makes sense for aliens to have done the same.

TBH, if you're out looking for an ark, you're probably going to think that every piece of old wood is part of it. You shouldn't be looking for evidence to suit your story, but see what story you can build out of the evidence.

bazrah

HSC
How is the aliens one ridiculous?
The chance of intelligent life actually evolving is very low and then coupled with the fact you actually have to have a habital planet for it to evolve on makes it even more unlikely, and then the chance of them developing technology which allows them to travel from planet to planet sucking resources is even more unlikely. All this going in hand with the fact that we have absolutely no conclusive proof of any existance of aliens makes it ridiculous.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Dude.

There are so many planets out there that I really don't have a number to describe it. Loads of them will be made of similar materials to ours, a similar distance from a similar sun.

The odds are in the alien's favour.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
The chance of intelligent life actually evolving is very low and then coupled with the fact you actually have to have a habital planet for it to evolve on makes it even more unlikely, and then the chance of them developing technology which allows them to travel from planet to planet sucking resources is even more unlikely. All this going in hand with the fact that we have absolutely no conclusive proof of any existance of aliens makes it ridiculous.

you dumb fuck.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Dude.

There are so many planets out there that I really don't have a number to describe it. Loads of them will be made of similar materials to ours, a similar distance from a similar sun.

The odds are in the alien's favour.
I can't wait to meet them, hope they're friendly :)

bazrah

HSC

you dumb fuck.
Bahahahaha Drake's equation I really do hope you are kidding. Assumptions x assumptions over and over = literally meaningless equation. And if that picture is you, I'd recommend a new hairdresser because you look like a dickhead.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Oh no they have found it...again?

Would this be the 100th time yet since, say, 1800?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Sorry, this story sounds like SPRIGGAN.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
so there was water up to 4800m. Where did it go? Did god pull the plug?

Also probability of there being aliens is 1.

HSC
Uni Grad
Bahahahaha Drake's equation I really do hope you are kidding. Assumptions x assumptions over and over = literally meaningless equation. And if that picture is you, I'd recommend a new hairdresser because you look like a dickhead.
[youtube]MlikCebQSlY[/youtube]

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
shut the fuck up you failed abortion, the world would be a better place had your dad blew his load in the fucking condom.

theMaster

HSC
If stephen hawkins says there might be aliens, then so be it, he is a world renowned scientist and its no judgement that you internet kids thing that its a silly idea :). I still don't think aliens exist though lol

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
If stephen hawkins says there might be aliens, then so be it, he is a world renowned scientist and its no judgement that you internet kids thing that its a silly idea :). I still don't think aliens exist though lol
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)