Non-white races: Do you often have to deal with latent racism? (1 Viewer)

fliick

HSC
N/A
anyways the managing director was telling the foreman that he wants to hire more people and shit..so the foreman says.....just give me the names of everyone who applied and their numbers.....dw about the resume's..as if he is going to cut out all the non anglo saxon names and then filter through the list....I dont know..maybe im looking too much into it
Mate, I think most businesses want an ethnic so as not to seem racist or discriminative. At my old work we always had a token ethnic. And when he left, the boss would purposely look through resumes for names that sounded Fob/tonga.

00acissej

HSC
david spade, you're a joke mate. Racism against us whites is a non-issue. We've been the dominant race on the earth for hundreds of years, and haven't faced a fraction of the discrimination and hardship many races have. As far as i'm concerned, the use of the "racism against whites" card is just the new defense of racists. "oh no, they're on to me and my fucked up ways, i better start fighting fire with fire."

do you think that "abo" would have been so resentful towards you if his entire culture and ancestors weren't screwed over by our arrival? Oh no, he threatened to cut you! Get real motherfucker. There's been a genocide of his people going on for 200 years. If he has a shit socioeconomic status (the reason he could've turned to vice etc) it's because he's been shut out of education, health care, the mainstream.

Regardless, racism towards whites is merely a product of our racism towards other races. Racism breeds racism. Theirs is in defense, ours is just in pure ignorance.

Having said all that, you should realise "race" as we know it - a biological difference - is actually an illusion. We all originated in the same place, from the same genetics, the same tribes. We're all people. genetic differences between races are the same as the differences two people, even of the same race, might have from one another. Short vs. Tall, blond vs. Red, blue eyes vs. Green. Except they've developed en masse because of the lifestyles and environments of certain peoples around the world. And somehow over the years, fucktards have decided that these differences warrant a social construction, a perception of some as "inferior". It's mindbogglingly stupid, it really is.

Here's the modern cycle of western racism:

Whites take over world, conquering other cultures --> whites evelop bizarre notion that they (other races) are inferior --> non-whites are alienated, develop socioeconomic disadvantage --> justifiably develop resentment towards oppressors --> because of their ses and resentment they can turn to crime and animosity --> david spade sees this, and in his ignorance continues the cycle by vilifying them.
+1

CecilyMare

HSC
Firstly, he never suggested the racism stems from what happens in the past. That was suggested earlier, by the poster he was addressing (also, redmayne, I wouldn't say there has been genocide for the past 200 years, that's just bullshit):
redmayne did not suggest at all that conflict happened and ONLY happened in the past.

It's what ignorance does to you.

daniel81

HSC
People can generalize. Shit happens when that happens.
Since when did this racism-towards-whites affect whites in any drastic manner in the first place? We are surrounded by tons of powerful white people, all our billboards are of white models, and it's not as if any Aborigines or any other race for that matter, may sanely even have a nerve to tell you to 'go back to your own country'.
If someone is racist towards the white Joe Average (who isn't nessecarily racist), do you think that Joe cares that there are a lot of powerful white people or that most models are white? No, they care that someones is there calling them a white dog and abusing them. And guess what, when it comes down to it, they're going to affected by it.

I can see what you are saying and I can agree with a lot of your ideals, but you cannot justify racism towards white people by saying that it doesn't affect them in a drastic matter. You seem to see a big idealogical picture and be ignorant of the real world.

CecilyMare

HSC
Do you actually feel strongly about this issue of racism towards WHITES in AUSTRALIA? Or do you just have an odd impulse to debate/cause conflict with people whenever the chance rises?

daniel81

HSC
Do you actually feel strongly about this issue of racism towards WHITES in AUSTRALIA? Or do you just have an odd impulse to debate/cause conflict with people whenever the chance rises?
Why do you have to make this personal? If you have an informed opinion about something I've said, feel free to voice it. Conversely, feel free not to make suggestions that I'm just here to argue in an attempt to demean what I am saying.

CecilyMare

HSC
Oooooh, personal, i'm so scared. This isn't a parliament debate. I'm just implying it's both foolish and pointless of you to bring up such a trivial issue that pretty much nobody ever thinks about in their daily lives.

It's like panicking about the extinction of ants rather than extinction of koalas.

iiinsane02

HSC
haha totally not true in my case- im the minority (95% asian school)

we all use racism for humour all the time

Stupid whiteboy, your too dumb to understand the question
stupid asian you couldnt even read the question

(at a pool) "I cant swim im asian!
But howd you get to Auustralia?"

its all in good fun tho XD
LOL :uhhuh:
You would know Jordan ;)

philphie

Banned
HSC
racism in australia has tobe taken i good humour, we take the mickey out of each other, it's our natural tendency and nothign more than that. i'm Eurasian (but i guess i still have a somewhat asian look, enough for racism) and went to what was a 95% caucasian primary school. none of them gave a shit about my race it was until the serbians, bosnians and croats came in that i got racism. i was born here and they came here as refugees and they had the nerve to give me racism.

other that the stuff i normally get is being called a banana, yellow outside, white inside which i take in good humour

miaowsha

HSC
Almost everyone in our generation is educated enough not to be directly racist, but what about latent racism? Have you ever come across someone at the cinemas who greeted you by a 'ni hao ching chong' or someone telling you that Indians smell like curry?

FUCK THE LOT OF THEM
I'm white and I'm Russian... I face a lot of prejudice because of that :) Don't leave us out of this when I face it too ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)