not all christians are boring stereotypical bible bashers (1 Viewer)

G

genavania

but the thing is usually you dont say. I THINK god doesnt exist. its

Go check your closet. you wont see him, just like you wont see god whereever you look. Theres a reason for this. NEITHER OF THEM EXIST!
well maybe not all answers are like that but there are so many people who answer with things like

christians are loosers, go to hell, you guys are wrong.

things that dont show much thought and dont really answer the statement. it was making a generalisation. im sorry.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
The main thing about a God though is that people need something to believe in.

I'm not saying i dont want a God, as long as hes not as fucked up as the one atm, it just seems more logical at this point in time.

G

genavania

but if there is a god and you just say its not logical its not as though he dissapears at illogical times and comes back for your convenience. he will be there always.

i really dont believe God is there just for our convenience

G

genavania

and someone else may believe the complete opposite. therefore who is right. the two ideas are mutually exclusive. someone must be right and someone must be wrong

Filadelphia

HSC
i was just reading the first page of threads on this topic and some christians do try to turn people...like in religion class in year 7 to 11...anyone have those groups come to your class and tell you their life stories of how they turned to god?
well we had one group come in year 11 and they split the class into smaller groups and the people came and talked to us and tried to convert us..which i think is wrong cuz if people wanted to be converted they would go in their own time and they got really personal and persistant which bugs me! :burn:
im catholic and i dont even talk about my religion infront of my friends..i would never preach to them and i hate it when its done to me....but my point is most christians are bible bashers in my view. i know that to have a good life you dont need to follow a religion...it doesnt make you a bad person if you arent christian which is what i also hate to! and i hate being labelled as goody goody because i have a religion but just because you have a religion doesnt mean you believe everything in it...which is me...

Legham

HSC
People promoting christianity cause "it says to in the bible" is complete BS. It's a book, not a law. Next time i read the 4th Harry Potter book do you want to run around telling every that Voldemorte is back, even if they really really dont want me to? It's the same thing. And, surely there's something in the bible contradicting it, telling you to not piss your fellow man off.
Also, testimonies from people who've seen jesus definetely do not count. It was thousands of years ago! I'd much sooner believe the stories about jesus as portrayed in the Family Guy movie, then believe any of the BS you god squad people are trying to drill into our head..

One last thing, answer me this:

If god created the world and us and EVERYTHING... who created him? Did he just pop out of thin air one day and somehow create a universe?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Why do the testimonies not count? How else can you explain their existance?

Your post typifies much Atheist thought in so far as it dismisses any evidence presented in accordance with its own presuppositions.

As for documents thousands of years old, the people here would probably disagree that all documents past a certain age are invalid. Else we'd have to be distrustful of our grandparents, too.

Last edited:

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Legham said:
People promoting christianity cause "it says to in the bible" is complete BS. It's a book, not a law. Next time i read the 4th Harry Potter book do you want to run around telling every that Voldemorte is back, even if they really really dont want me to? It's the same thing. And, surely there's something in the bible contradicting it, telling you to not piss your fellow man off.
Also, testimonies from people who've seen jesus definetely do not count. It was thousands of years ago! I'd much sooner believe the stories about jesus as portrayed in the Family Guy movie, then believe any of the BS you god squad people are trying to drill into our head..

One last thing, answer me this:

If god created the world and us and EVERYTHING... who created him? Did he just pop out of thin air one day and somehow create a universe?
Not quite. He didn't "pop" he always existed.(Genesis 1:1) In the beginning God.... (meaning he was always there). Also unlike the Bible, Harry Potter doesnt claim to be true.

K.J.

HSC
Interesing conversation you all have been having...I'm a christian, not at all afraid to speak up for my views but I am cautious as to whom i speak because I know how it feels to have an idea forced on you.
The choice to believe whatever is something everyone has to make, and I garantee you that you won't be able to prove God's existance, or his non-existance. But that doesn't really mean a thing.
Despite the fact that I would be happy to talk to people, if they asked me, about my faith and say that I think the bible is the word of God, and that Jesus died and was brought back to life 3 days later, doesn't mean it's actually correct. I think it is, but I am willing to openly say that i could be totally wrong. And however stupid it sounds, knowing this i'd still be willing to spend my life trying to live according to God's word. It's called faith..and from my experience you can't live without it..
No matter how we choose to view it, faith in something,anything, is essential to life. You've just gotta figure out what your gonna put your faith in. For me, it's God. If you can't prove who is right and who is wrong, why aruge in the first place?
Just my opinon. argue with me all you like.

Pilgrim

HSC
jcnme said:
two things i cant stand are:

(1) christians who are really boring and outdated, who are bible bashing freaks who give christianity a bad name as well as embarising the rest of us and god

(2) people who label ALL christians as boring and nerdy unfortunatly the many who are, give us all a bad name

having sed that, without tryin to start an age old controversy i want to point out that not all christians are anoying littl "know it alls" true christians are absolute mavericks and are deadly fun to be with.

i beleive that a life without christ is pointless...thats just my opinion... please repect that because god knows i respect yours... but trust me once you kno the truth and u start livin for god...theres no turnin bac...but your in for the ride for your life

well i think iv succesfully offended most veiwers
sori! i just wantde to put it out there...its just somethin that gets under my skin

where the fuck do you live? because its pretty obvious that its not like that.

E-Phat

HSC
K.J. said:
Interesing conversation you all have been having...I'm a christian, not at all afraid to speak up for my views but I am cautious as to whom i speak because I know how it feels to have an idea forced on you.
The choice to believe whatever is something everyone has to make, and I garantee you that you won't be able to prove God's existance, or his non-existance. But that doesn't really mean a thing.
Despite the fact that I would be happy to talk to people, if they asked me, about my faith and say that I think the bible is the word of God, and that Jesus died and was brought back to life 3 days later, doesn't mean it's actually correct. I think it is, but I am willing to openly say that i could be totally wrong. And however stupid it sounds, knowing this i'd still be willing to spend my life trying to live according to God's word. It's called faith..and from my experience you can't live without it..
No matter how we choose to view it, faith in something,anything, is essential to life. You've just gotta figure out what your gonna put your faith in. For me, it's God. If you can't prove who is right and who is wrong, why aruge in the first place?
Just my opinon. argue with me all you like.
i agree with everything you say K.J, i am a christian my friends all know i'm a christian n that im willing to answer any questions they have, i believe God exisits and put my faith in him!!!!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)