Not attracted to your race (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
hey im curious, so ur half persian do u speak persian at home or can u speak persian at all, coz i have some persian friends who are full persian but cant speak persian at all!
we speak english at home..but if relatives are over (from my dad's side), its persian..I also have to speak persian to my grandparents (they have bad english)

Atotoi said:
Yeh ive got a " persian" friend from cherrybrook, who claims that only Persians can do this special click of the fingers thing..
haha, I dunno if its a persian-only thing, but yeah, my whole family (on my dad's side) can do that click thing (im assuming the one where you put two hands together and "click" the fingers)

MouNtY

~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
hahaha hha ... yes! im a psychic. (sorry about ur dog :( )
ok lets see ...
im getting names like ... spot, tommy, spike, tyson ...
get back to me if any of those names is ur dog's name.
lol :D

ummm... thats what pretty much happens in most cultures that dont allow bf and gf, sex before marriage etc etc ...

omg i just read the entire thread ... so
HSC4LIFE, Doony Techy ... u guys are persian !!!! :eek:
so what r uz? male or female?
im persian too!
i found out just now that u guys are persians!
no...oh i'm sorry if you thought i was persian but i'm actually samoan...i only have friends that are persian, and taught me a couple of words...sorry for getting your hopes up...:S...

and nah my dogs name was simba...close though...you had the 's' in there....a couple more go's and you would've got it :p

Minai said:
haha, I dunno if its a persian-only thing, but yeah, my whole family (on my dad's side) can do that click thing (im assuming the one where you put two hands together and "click" the fingers)
nah it's not only persians that can do it....i have a couple of mates that can do it....ones kuwaiti and the others are turk....it's a funny looking click though

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Damn straight its a funny looking click... If Darwin was still alive today, id pay him to analyse them for me and give me a report on why Middle Easterners can do it :S!

Im half-filipino and have no such clicks to show for it lol.. i feel unaccomplished!

MouNtY

hhhhmmmm..........now that i think of it....can any one think of something that they think only their culture can do?....or something that is readily identifyable with their culture?

i'm samoan....and all i can think of is the fire dancing thing...but then hawaiians and ssome other islanders do as well....hmmmm......i'm gonna have to think about this a little longer

EDIT: should i start a new thread or am i wasting my time?

^___ShabS___^

DooNy_TeChY said:
no...oh i'm sorry if you thought i was persian but i'm actually samoan...i only have friends that are persian, and taught me a couple of words...sorry for getting your hopes up...:S...

and nah my dogs name was simba...close though...you had the 's' in there....a couple more go's and you would've got it :p
Actually im not Persian. .. but I understand Persian (not too much though) … so yeah! … didnt have hopes THAT high... thanx for the rep pnt (not comment …:-|)

simba! what kinda name is that... a million goes and still i would never have come up with that name... ur dog was close to stuffing my reputation as a psychic!
lol kidding ...

MouNtY

~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
Actually im not Persian. .. but I understand Persian (not too much though) … so yeah! … didnt have hopes THAT high... thanx for the rep pnt (not comment …:-|)

simba! what kinda name is that... a million goes and still i would never have come up with that name... ur dog was close to stuffing my reputation as a psychic!
lol kidding ...
watta you mean....i know like 5 people who have called their animals that exact same name....lol....oh wat did i write for your comment?....and anyways your reputation would've been in tatters by now even if i hadn't ousted you....lol..... :p

obzedyon

HSC
I think there are a lot of racist Asians. I don't know whether it's just mainstream popular culture that seems to demand for one to be attracted to more European/Caucasian types or what, but it seems to have happening everywhere.

I, for one, am guilty of this offense. I don't know whether that's fortunate or unfortunate. Of course, my mother says it's bad enough that she has to learn English, and now I want her to learn French?

But that's a fetish. So never mind. :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm asian. I've dated a half anglo half asian, italian, and 2 australians in my life. My parents only know about one of them. They treat him terribly too.... It's kinda racist in some sort of way, but back to the point.

Good looking male asians... hmm... I've seen a few. Anyone remember Damien from an earlier big brother and his thing with Mirabye whatever way you spell it?? I thought he was such a beautiful, beautiful man...

I had an argument with a guy that said he'd never date asian women. Being one myself, I was first to retaliate. Sure, people can have their individual tastes, but shouldn't say so if they haven't tasted... I never intended any connotations there...!!! But hey, I promise you that they'll find one hot male with plenty of asian blood in them.

I don't think people are dating outside their background purely to make mixed babies by the way. I don't know why, but when I see an aussie guy dating an asian girl or vice versa, I just think, "wow, you're open minded. We need more open minded people." I just instinctively think that.

By the way, asian is such a broad term, don't you think?

obzedyon

HSC
Oh Damn, how could I possibly have forgotten about Damien from BB? He was gorgeous.

Asian is a broad term. Over in the UK they call Asians Oriental. Maybe we ought to adopt that too since Australia likes to base itself on big, stronger nations. Gah! I'm in a cynical mood tonight.

You suppose that's why some people like Bob Carr? Because he's got an Asian wife? I think that cool. Mixed marriages are good :uhhuh: (of course, when it actually works out lol)

^___ShabS___^

DooNy_TeChY said:
watta you mean....i know like 5 people who have called their animals that exact same name....lol....oh wat did i write for your comment?....and anyways your reputation would've been in tatters by now even if i hadn't ousted you....lol..... :p
never mind ... im kidding about the comment (all u did was tease me a little)
actually ur right ...if it wasnt for that 1 point .. then like u said my reputation would've been in tatters by now ... lol

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
obzedyon said:
I think there are a lot of racist Asians. I don't know whether it's just mainstream popular culture that seems to demand for one to be attracted to more European/Caucasian types or what, but it seems to have happening everywhere.
nah it's all got to with locality.

I live in an area where there are relatively no asians. My mates are dominantly caucasian.

Do i feel disadvantaged? fuck no. i am a byproduct of rigorous assimilation of australian culture and i absolutely love it. Sure i might be missing out on moon festivals and all that rar rar, but i won't trade it for piss-up with mates or surf at the beach. i feel good that im the only asian looking person at every party i go to. that (deep down inside) i hold no gripes with any other different races or cultures.

Atotoi

HSC
Tusitula said:
nah it's all got to with locality.

I live in an area where there are relatively no asians. My mates are dominantly caucasian.

Do i feel disadvantaged? fuck no. i am a byproduct of rigorous assimilation of australian culture and i absolutely love it. Sure i might be missing out on moon festivals and all that rar rar, but i won't trade it for piss-up with mates or surf at the beach. i feel good that im the only asian looking person at every party i go to. that (deep down inside) i hold no gripes with any other different races or cultures.
Haha.. finally, someone who relates to me!
About "assimilation", i think its great... ive got cousins who practically only associate with Filo's, which actually gets sucky for me when they hang out.
I believe as a result of my assimilation (as a result of my locality), ive got an advantage over those that group together and keep to themselves.
I know how to talk to these people and can move between whatever group at school i like.

Yes.. i also know what it feels like to be the only asian person at a party.
Its almost like the "token black guy" in America, but hey i dont mind.
Its weird, since im in a predominantly white area, all the girls seem to like my skin and treat me different to my aussie friends?

oh well :)

Kudos to you Tusitula

obzedyon

HSC
Atotoi said:
About "assimilation", i think its great... ive got cousins who practically only associate with Filo's, which actually gets sucky for me when they hang out.
I tend to find that regarding assimilation, there's a larger current of Asians adopting traditionally Caucasian attitudes/characteristics, and less the other way around. I'm not saying that there isn't at all -- my sister's friend is a good example, but would you say that this is due to the larger number of Caucasian people in Australia? Or is it just ... more appealing? Which is a somewhat subjective viewpoint, neverthless.

I think ... sometimes I just get sick of my own culture. It's so tiresome and difficult to break out of. Maybe that's why I find myself searching for those with a completely different background from me.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
Minai said:
we speak english at home..but if relatives are over (from my dad's side), its persian..I also have to speak persian to my grandparents (they have bad english)
can you speak any tagalog ? :p

Last edited:

Atotoi

HSC
obzedyon said:
I tend to find that regarding assimilation, there's a larger current of Asians adopting traditionally Caucasian attitudes/characteristics, and less the other way around... would you say that this is due to the larger number of Caucasian people in Australia? Or is it just ... more appealing? Which is a somewhat subjective viewpoint, neverthless.

Pardon/? More appealing?
hahaha, if you're suggesting that ive adopted "caucasian attitudes and characteristics" simply because its appealing... please.. SHUT THE HELL UP!
This is who i am!!
i didnt just wake up one day, look in the mirror and say to myself "hey, im going to become a Malteser - Brown on the outside, white on the inside".

People assimilate for many different reasons, but if there are people out there who are "Adopting caucasian attitudes" because its appealing.. please, dont treat the culture like the tamagotchi you threw away 7 years ago...

PS - accept yourself for who you are ...

Last edited:

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
up until recently i never really paid attention to someones background.. :S strange but i never saw someone as asian or white or whatever just.. whether they were nice.. mean and the like. *shrugs* im not worried about whether my other half is of teh same background as me or not and teh same applies to my friends. i do however have a problem with racists and people who cant accept/reject their own background because i just think thats so stupid to forground certain aspects and totally push things that make you.. you..

or whatever.. btw whats a mooncake.. it sounds nice

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
Atotoi said:
Haha.. finally, someone who relates to me!
I believe as a result of my assimilation (as a result of my locality), ive got an advantage over those that group together and keep to themselves.
I know how to talk to these people and can move between whatever group at school i like.

Yes.. i also know what it feels like to be the only asian person at a party.
Its almost like the "token black guy" in America, but hey i dont mind.
Its weird, since im in a predominantly white area, all the girls seem to like my skin and treat me different to my aussie friends?

oh well :)

Kudos to you Tusitula
Oh yeah, the same thing happens to me at parties as well and i love it. makes me feel special, like i am actually better than any other asian.

you and me... we are both leading a revolution. more asians should be embracing our culture. i pity those who don't, australia is such a great country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)